Lemons, big bag!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giggler

Sous Chef
Just received a large bag of of tree ripe lemons from Arizona..

I like citrus for salads and cooking (though I usually use limes)..

Key Lemon Pie?
Try to make these weird "Preserved Lemons" I read so much about?
Lemon Chicken?!

Thanks, Eric, Austin Tx.

Marmalade, lemon curd (yummm), Limoncello liqueur. Zest and freeze or dehydrate peels for just about anything. Juice and freeze.

Last edited:
Limoncello ~ if you make it now it will be perrrrrfect for sipping out on the patio come summer!

And I have a spoon ready here if you make lemon curd...

Alix's lemon squares
Alix's lemon cake with a lemon glaze

And you can always squeeze and freeze.

Morrocan preserved lemons. You wouldn't believe how this mellows the lemons. I don't remember the exact recipe, but if you can't find it on line let me know and I'll delve into my cookbooks. But you wash and almost quarter the lemons (meaning you leave the quarters attached at one end). You rub the interior that is exposed with kosher salt. Then you use other lemons to make a lemon/water solution, and pack the lemons in a mason jar. Fill to the top with the lemon water solution, cap, and refrigerate (how much you want to bet in the countries where this is common, they don't refrigerate!). Like I said, I don't have all the details at my fingertips right now but would look them up. The resulting preserved lemon is so tasty and mild, you can eat the entire thing as is, skin, pith and all.

I did this often when I had a neighbor with a prolific lemon tree.

Lemons!!! Most of the things have been said, I will 2nd the lemon curd, limoncello and preserved lemons. Squeeze and freeze, zest them for sure before squeezing them!

aggree with juicing ( i put them ice cube trays), zesting and freezing the remains to toss into broths soups stew,et. also love candied lemon rinds orange ones are good to.

Don't forget to slice and freeze some for adding to iced tea. Yum!

img_1092226_0_b650e7e4fc30d4987266124af36fb209.jpg

When someone gives me lemons, I make lemonade!

BTW, you can juice the lemons and freeze the juice, so you can make lemonade again next week.

Last edited:
aggree with juicing ( i put them ice cube trays), zesting and freezing the remains to toss into broths soups stew,et. also love candied lemon rinds orange ones are good to.
That's what I do (juice the excess) and freeze. Lemons, limes, oranges, tangerines, whatever is cheap.

margaritas!!! haha. I always use lemons instead of limes....and I like margaritas.
I love lemons I have a whole cookbook on them. I always use of lemons in Tabouli (I like it super lemony), margaritas (As I mentioned), israeli salad (lemon juice and olive oil dressing).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom