Sun Jan 8 - What's cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
I can't believe this topic wasn't yet started. Okay, I've got rye bread in the bread machine (sourdough starter on top of the fridge--that's next weekend). Pozole--that's what I'll be eating all week. And, for today--maple-glazed ham, Janssen's Temptation, broccoli, peppermint ice cream for dessert. What are you making?

Having Turkey today

My wonderful is making turkey dinner today
Dang i love my wife and her cooking:chef:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sunny and lovely today, but a little cooler than it's been the last week or so. Seems as though a comfort food-type of meal is in order. Plus, I need to take it a little easier today. "Arthur" is trying to strangle my right knee :wacko:, so it's a stay-off-my-feet day as well. Thank heavens I'm going to the rheumatologist this week for a cortisone shot. None too soon.

I put a load of goodies in the crock-pot for Italian beef stew. Will fire up the bread machine to prep the dough for some cornmeal pan rolls to go with the stew. Still plenty of Christmas sweets for dessert.

I've been thinking of buying a Butterball 14 lb. Indoor Digital Turkey Fryer.
Any thoughts on that?

Leftover lasagna for the family. I'm working tonight and am making by special request- fennel dusted sweetbreads with sweet onions, lardons, and quince vinegar sauce. Should be fun to try out...

I'll be grilling some CS pork ribs for dinner tonight. BBQ sauce and sides to be determined at a later time.

Dinner will be orange-honey glazed baby back ribs from the Jan '12 issue of Bon Appetit. We'll have it with some of the water kimchi I made earlier. Haven't decided which starch to go with.

Okay--the rye bread is done. Am I the only one who likes to melt chocolate and smear that on warm rye bread? No recipe--sorry. I used about 1 c buttermilk, 1 egg, a mix of flour (wild rice, rye, chick pea, white), oil, blackstrap molasses, rye flakes....yeast. It turned out as expected. I baked it until the internal temp was around 98C. I don't think the girls will get any of this...

Attachments

• rye_bread_01.JPG
    rye_bread_01.JPG
    198.9 KB · Views: 144
  • rye_bread_02.JPG
    rye_bread_02.JPG
    278.5 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom