Insomnia Eats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
lol, mofet.

here's 2 all the way from last night around 1am. insomnia is a beotch.

img_1094308_0_bd285f2ee58d761f3d8ffa4e138c7e4d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You got up at 1:00 AM and made yourself a couple hot dogs? :ohmy:

:LOL: That's hardcore right there.
Not sure how late Hot Grill is open but those look like Hot Grill take-out. I think he works in the city (NYC) so they may be from someplace close to where he works and not HG. I think bucky works graveyard so 1 AM may be lunch time so to speak.

Last edited:
msmofet and bt, i am ravenously aroused by your hot dogs! starting with msmofet's chili cheese doggie ATW mmmmah! (we all know atw, right) and then sloppily, saucily, gloriously plowing on through bt's 2 dogs ATW, or as far as i can humanly get and still live....thanks, you two, for a most decadent and delicious dragon-breath repast this morning to start my day with....:):)
Thak you V. Hub works nights so we just had chili dogs for breakfast. (burp) Excuse me :angel: :)

Not sure how late Hot Grill is open but those look like Hot Grill take-out. I think he works in the city (NYC) so they may be from someplace close to where he works and not HG. I think bucky works graveyard so 1 AM may be lunch time so to speak.

i can freeze and send them to you fedex, vit. :)

pac, mofet's right. those are 2 all the way from the hot grill The Hot Grill. it's a joisey institution. and if you've ever been to jersey, you know we need more institutions... :wacko:

they're open until 2 am on the weekends. i had saturday night iff and couldn't sleep, so i hopped in the car for those sloppy beauties.

20 minutes round trip including ordering the dogs, and i was chowing down. :pig:

pac, mofet's right. those are 2 all the way from the hot grill The Hot Grill. it's a joisey institution. and if you've ever been to jersey, you know we need more institutions... :wacko:

they're open until 2 am on the weekends. i had saturday night iff and couldn't sleep, so i hopped in the car for those sloppy beauties.

20 minutes round trip including ordering the dogs, and i was chowing down. :pig:
LOL Hey bucky. We were at Botany Village on sunday (so close to HG my mouth was watering) BUT no one wanted to stop :(. BUT mine were prettier. :LOL:

yours looked awesome, mofet! a much more respectable looking hot dog, the kind you can take home to mama. :)

i skipped the gravy fries this time. i almost got a roast beef on a hard roll with gravy, but then i would never have slept from being so full.

yours looked awesome, mofet! a much more respectable looking hot dog, the kind you can take home to mama. :)

i skipped the gravy fries this time. i almost got a roast beef on a hard roll with gravy, but then i would never have slept from being so full.
Thank you bucky.

I have only ever gotten dogs and burgers all the way and crispy fries sans any topping. I like my fries pipping hot, naked and crispy and they are dipped into whatever on the side.

hey, i see in another thread out there right now where folks are fed ex-ing live lobsters across the country--ATW chili dogs from the hot grill should be a cinch, no? :)

Last edited:

My bad. He said he had insomnia so I figured he was at home and not asleep at work.

Ahh.... gotcha!
We have nothing open here that late. We could use some of your institutions ;)

My hub also works graveyard and gets insomnia and muchies on nights off. He usually goes out around 1 AM also to grab something fast food.

My hub also works graveyard and gets insomnia and muchies on nights off. He usually goes out around 1 AM also to grab something fast food.

msmofet, msmofet, msmofet........

Having to go further than your refrigerator for something just fantastic to eat is impossible for me to even entertain in my imagination.

You cook the most incredibly, fantastic meals that your husband having to leave your home to find "quik-food" is just unbelievable to me! Teach that man to reach into the freezer, take out one of msmofets deluxe, fantastic, awesome meals in plastic and nuke it!

Has he not seen your photos? (I'm very sorry of he's blind and has never SEEN one of your meals.)

I would crawl though a mile a broken glass, just to be able to enjoy one of your meals, and this man is going "out"? The shame of it!:ROFLMAO:

I just can't imagine going out to grab something to eat in the wee hours period, even if anything was open around here. It seems you would be more wide awake than you already are.

one man's wee hours are another man's daily shift. i'm becoming an expert at finding what's available in those wee hours. everything from american diner, greek diner, fried chicken, pizza, fast food, hot dogs, mexican, japanese, chinese, italian, middle eastern, etc..

and that's just on the west side of manhattan. most are open until 1am weekdays, 2am on weekends, and some 24 hours.

Last edited:
Night shift workers don't go to sleep in the middle of the night...but go to an afternoon matinee and as soon as the lights go down you are OUT! I could never stop during the day, I had to keep moving, sit down and my body went to sleep.

You are not an insomniac if you can't sleep at night when you are usually working. But yes, if you are unable to sleep when it's time to fall asleep during your regular sleep cycle.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom