Tuesday 01.17.12 What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Still fighting the cold and don't feel like eating. Put the leftover pizza in the toaster oven. Have some chili that can be reheated. Not sure which I'll attempt to eat.

I hope you feel better soon! I have a cold too. It hasn't kept me from doing anything. My throat is just sore.

so far all i have is chicken thighs cooked with green chili salsa. don't know what is with it. will have to see what is within my calorie count. maybe some fat free refried beans. we will see.

I am thawing out half a chicken. Probably roast it in the oven.
Went with a shake and bake type recipe. I used some cornmeal with ground chipotle, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper....oops,.milk wash first, then oven for about an hour at 375.....

Attachments

• DSC00251.jpg
    DSC00251.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 160
Went with a shake and bake type recipe. I used some cornmeal with ground chipotle, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper....oops,.milk wash first, then oven for about an hour at 375.....

Oh my, that looks delicious.

Do you have to do anything special to make the cornmeal not-too-dry?

Bbq chicken and mac and cheese. I am soooo jealous powerplantop, Kalbi is on my cooking bucket list, but I can't seem to find it carried in the mainstream stores locally, and am afraid to see how much a specialty butcher would charge for the cut. Looks fantastic!

Bbq chicken and mac and cheese. I am soooo jealous powerplantop, Kalbi is on my cooking bucket list, but I can't seem to find it carried in the mainstream stores locally, and am afraid to see how much a specialty butcher would charge for the cut. Looks fantastic!

Thanks, can you get short ribs with lots of meat on them? Some times we find them at Sam's club.

If you can buy them and butterfly them its the more traditional way.
eating and living: Galbi/Kalbi (Korean BBQ Short Ribs)

Or if you can find a place that works with whole cows have them cut 4 ribs out then cut them across the bones with a band saw. That is how these were cut. You do have to wash off bone fragments but....worth it.

Dinner - Oven roasted bone in chicken breast, stuffing, pan gravy and steamed broccoli, cauliflower and carrots.

img_1097460_0_4f6c11969e75e855203934d9c00399b8.jpg

Patty, Rock, Powerpt, MsM, all the others, wonderful looking meals! Yum!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom