Thu Jan 19 - What's for dinner, Skinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve Kroll

Wine Guy
(tagging along on the previous days' rhyming themes)

Tonight I may finally make the chicken stir fry I've been threatening to make all week. If I don't make something out of it today, that chicken will be looking for a new neighborhood. :huh:

I tossed some chicken in the crock pot with some herbs and spices. I am going to cook it, and the toss it with some bbq sauce. It should be tasty!

Everything's already prepped and set for chicken cacciatore, which will be served with campanalle pasta, Italian green beans (from last season's garden), and I just took two loaves of French bread out of the oven, one of which will become garlic bread to have with our meal. Iced tea to drink and the last of the Christmas sweets for dessert.

just came home and as it is late already here (9pm) we just ordered at the italian delivery... I will have Rigatoni pollo.
Hope it will be here soon..

I'm looking at Chinese, cumin beef recipes. I'm going to velvet the meat. Wish me luck. Maybe stir fry some of the Kirkland brand "stir fry blend" of frozen vegis.

Another raid on my freezer produced three ribs from a couple prime rib roasts that I cooked about a month ago. I will make a mushroom & onion gravy and gently warm the ribs back up in the gravy. Served alongside some mashed potatoes and broccoli. What I am lacking in meat I will make up for in potatoes :D

I have a rock fish filet that I will season with Old Bay and do on the griddle.

Steamed rice and roasted asparagus to go with.

My MIL is making us some navy beans and ham. One of my favorite meals. :) I have leftover cornbread from yesterday.

Steve and I went to the movies today and saw "Iron Lady", then we ate a Chinese food lunch.
We won't be really hungry around dinner time and I've been wanting to make some cream of mushroom soup from scratch so that will be dinner. I got an assortment of dried mushrooms from Trader Joes along with fresh crimini's so I'm hopeful it will be really tasty. :yum:

A coworker brought her homemade microwave (!) caramels to work, I must get her recipe! I pigged out and had 3.

So it will probably be a salad tonight.

Still a bit under the weather but sent the yungun out to the grocery with my list. Also instructed him to pick out something for dinner. I figure he'll get hot dogs or hamburgers. He brings home salmon fillets! I've never cooked them before. I ended up spreading a thin layer of mayo on top and sprinkled with onion powder, garlic powder and dill. Into the oven they went. They tasted pretty good! I didn't have any lemons but that will be for next time. I made scalloped cabbage for the side. Have ice cream and cookies for dessert.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom