Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   What to do with a whiny husband?? (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/what-to-do-with-a-whiny-husband-77525.html)

PolishedTopaz 01-25-2012 09:56 PM

What to do with a whiny husband??

Seriously Major WHINER!!!! No matter what I cook, method, style, protien, veg, starch. Honestly he is the reason I stopped cooking for 4+ years!

:furious:
:bash:
:boxing:
:nuke:

What would you do???

Claire 01-25-2012 10:17 PM

Hmmm... wish I had a solution. Yours, of not cooking, is the only one I know of. You're not going to change him. Have friends over when you want to cook. I've been in that situation, as has at least one friend of mine over the many years. No point in banging your head against a wall, that after 5 years, you know isn't going to give. Concentrate on other areas of your marriage, and tell him if your food isn't good enough for him, go for it.

PrincessFiona60 01-25-2012 10:22 PM

$5 million double indemnity clause in the life insurance. I only collect if Shrek dies of asphyxiation on goose down during a full moon.

Cook for you! He's a big boy, if he doesn't like what you fix he knows where the fridge and stove are.

Kayelle 01-25-2012 10:23 PM

I feel for you as I don't think I could cook for someone who didn't appreciate it. You must feel very intimidated, but as hard as it must be, I'd turn a deaf ear to his whining and cook what you want to eat. He's a big boy who is capable of getting out the milk and a box of cereal, or he can always learn to cook what he likes.

Dawgluver 01-25-2012 10:28 PM

DH has been fancying himself somewhat of a food critic of late ("it needs something, it's not very good, I don't like it"). Fine. He fends for himself. And he always ends up eating what I made in the first place, no complaints, and comes back for more. It's nice to hear compliments, but if you like it, and invite him to eat it and he doesn't, tough noogies. Cereal it is.

Polished T, you are a wonderful cook! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise! WE know!

Zereh 01-25-2012 10:31 PM

I don't have time for ungrateful and mean people. There's no way I'd ever be able to have a battle about or over food with an ADULT every day of the week. I'd kick his sorry ass to the curb ... <3 but that's just how I am.

Claire 01-25-2012 10:46 PM

I'm laughing at this. I started to answer and deleted and re-wrote it. Was afraid it wasn't nice enough. My first marriage (at age 19) was very short lived, and although that wasn't the primary reason, I swore I'd never marry a man who had no appreciation of good food! More specifically, MY good food I may have lacked self-confidence otherwise, but not in my cooking). Married to a man who's been eating my food for 30+ years, but also knows when I need a grand meal out or just to get out of the kitchen. In 30 years, you know I've had a few disasters (hubby claims only two, but I can think of a few others!), but we laugh at them together.

I don't know how long you've been married, but hubby and I had one pre-nup. S/He who is doing the job, is doing it right; PERIOD. You don't think I'm doing it right, here's the stove (washer/dryer, mop, job), go for it.

Fiona said what I did in that first (cancelled) answer (what else is new, have we ever disagreed): Divorce or Murder!

chopper 01-25-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PolishedTopaz
Seriously Major WHINER!!!! No matter what I cook, method, style, protien, veg, starch. Honestly he is the reason I stopped cooking for 4+ years!

:furious:
:bash:
:boxing:
:nuke:

What would you do???

Teach him to cook! Then cook and eat what you like. You could let him take you out to places where he likes to eat too. ;)

TATTRAT 01-25-2012 11:00 PM

If he doesn't like what YOU prepare, tell him he is on his own. For real.

PolishedTopaz 01-25-2012 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chopper (Post 1100461)
Teach him to cook! Then cook and eat what you like. You could let him take you out to places where he likes to eat too. ;)

:rofl: He managed to make raw and burnt eggs over easy in the same dish with the same eggs. A real accomplishment :rofl: Even he didn't eat them.