Pork Rib Stew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Timothy

Head Chef
Shredded Cabbage
Sweet Onion
Potatoes
Green Beans
Baby Carrots
Pork Ribs

I'm building this one tomorrow morning. (Ribs are defrosting right now.)

Carrots on the bottom, then diced onions, potatoes, green beans and cabbage. Topped with the ribs.

Slow cooked all day (about 10 hours)

I'll season it about two hours before it's finished cooking and I'll bone the ribs at the same time and return the meat to the slow cooker.

Timothy, I have some little pork "riblets", small pieces with the bone in. Could I use this for the ribs? My hubby doesn't like cabbage or green beans - do you think I could substitute spinach and snap peas?

Timothy, I have some little pork "riblets", small pieces with the bone in. Could I use this for the ribs? My hubby doesn't like cabbage or green beans - do you think I could substitute spinach and snap peas?
That's exactly the type of pork ribs I used. Snap peas would work. I'm not sure of spinach would work in this or not.

I started it at 2am this morning and now, at 1:35pm, it smells so good that it's making me crazy.

I added garlic powder and some Worcestershire Sauce to it also. It was a tad bland and that picked it up nicely.

Do you skim the fat or leave it in?

Craig
Normally, I would skim most of it off after an overnight sit in the fridge to harden it to the top, but this time, these ribs were the leanest ribs I've ever used. Virtually no fat on them at all. I just went over and pushed them into the middle of the pot. Man oh man does it smell delicious. Now the slow cooker has to stay shut for the next four hours.

I'm going to let it simmer in the slow cooker all day. By this evening, it will have me slobbering on myself in anticipation.

Well, I ended up eating a large bowl of it and saving 5 quarts of it in the freezer. Really, really good too. Very filling and good for me.

Very little meat and some salt in it. Everything else was a veggie.

Okay, this is going in the crockpot tomorrow morning. I am using snap peas but will use some Chinese cabbage. I am sure he will be fine with it.

I will let you know how it turns out!

Okay, this is going in the crockpot tomorrow morning. I am using snap peas but will use some Chinese cabbage. I am sure he will be fine with it.

I will let you know how it turns out!

Well, how was it? Mine was a little too thick, so I added some Beef Broth to thin it. What a meal. It certainly doesn't take much to fill me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom