Thursday's Dinner Table 2/2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Littlechef

Senior Cook
Good morning everyone,

A bit early in the morning to be thinking about dinner, but I've got a busy day and need to plan dinner now.

While I'm out, I'll pick up some ground beef for salisbury steaks with a mushroom gravy. On the side, we'll have mashed potatoes, and roasted carrots.

Enjoy the day :chef:

I think I am going to attempt some kind of garlic sauce for two racks of ribs I have in the fridge. I have some molasses and I am thinking of adding garlic, soy sauce and other stuff. May search the web for something similar...

I am making Grandmas BBQ Beef (AKA Sloppy Joe). Havent had it in a while. Im looking forward to it.

While I was in California James bought a turkey and some injectable Creole marinade. So we are having Creole turkey, Stove-top Stuffing, can-shaped (love it!) cranberry sauce, and probably mashed potatoes and either broccoli or peas.

My daughter and I are exactly the same way when it comes to turkey. We don't mind experimenting with it during the year, but for Thanksgiving it is strictly traditional. So today I get to experiment! :cool:

I'm making kielbasa and cabbage. I'm boiling the cabbage now in some chicken broth that has onion and salted with beef bullion granules. I seasoned it with celery seed, dried celery, garlic powder and a little oregano.

When the cabbage is done, I'll refrigerate it until dinnertime and add the kielbasa at the last minute of reheating the cabbage. I'll strain it and save the broth for another use.

I have a slab of top sirloin in the fridge. I'm thinking tonight will be either beef braised in beer or maybe a stir fry - which one I make will depend on which members of the appropriate "supporting cast" I have on hand.

I have a 7 chuck roast in the fridge that I have to cook today. I thawed it out a few days ago. Have to use it. Will probably make a Yankee pot roast with it. I have two potatoes and a bunch of carrots. (Love carrots) So they will go in the pot. I am not up to eating, but I think once it is done, I will pick at it. At least I know I will eat the carrots. :ermm:

Good morning everyone,

A bit early in the morning to be thinking about dinner, but I've got a busy day and need to plan dinner now.

While I'm out, I'll pick up some ground beef for salisbury steaks with a mushroom gravy. On the side, we'll have mashed potatoes, and roasted carrots.

Enjoy the day :chef:

Thanks for the idea. I may do something similar.

I already have my pot roast going.

I don't know why I keep putting smiley faces on my posts. I sure don't feel like it. Time for me to take a rest. Pot roast is on a very low simmer. So if I take a short nap, it will be safe of the stove. :chef:

have a lovely frozen mixture of stir fry veggies. so beef stir fry is in the mix. i buy my market's deli sliced roast beef. it is really good and i don't have to eat a whole roast. beef is not my favorite, just do this once an awhile.

4_15_1.gif

LIVER & ONIONS, mashed taters, creamed corn- pics tomorrow !

Skiing with my 6 year old daughter all day. Now I'm whipping up a chicken, broccoli & hash brown casserole with French style green beans & topped with poultry stuffing mix & cheese. Good après ski meal.

Back
Top Bottom