Food TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieD

Chef Extraordinaire
There are a lot of people here who used to post on Food network forum, so the question is for them, mostly. How did the fact that there is no more forum affected, if at all, you watching Food TV :?:

P.S. I for one do not watch it as much.

I still watch FoodTV all the time. FoodTV had nothing to do with the closing of the message boards. The members did that to themselves.

We have tried to discuss FoodTV in the past Charlie. I'll just have to wait and see what happens. If it gets too disagreeable I'll have to delete it. I vowed that when all the FoodTV members came here stuff like happened there wouldn't happen here. And at first all they wanted was to discuss the demise of FoodTV - so I stopped it and everyone got on to much happier times!!!!!

Being new to the site and the world of forums... I just have to ask...

"what in the heck happened over there?"

Lets just say that there was a good food forum and then it went downhill. Lets leave it as that so we don't bring up past bad feelings and end up going down a road that no one wants to travel again.

As for your question Charlie, The boards closing did not affect my watching FoodTV. There programing did that. I have not watched nearly as much of that channel anymore because there are not a lot of shows I really enjoy anymore. I still love Good Eats, but it is getting harder and harder to find an episode I have not seen before. I can't take much of Emeril anymore so I won't watch him often. I know I am in the minority hear, but I am not crazy about Paula dean. i don't have anything against her, she just doesn't hold my attention. Sandra Lee or whatever her name is (Semi-Homemade) is my least favorite. I am not on the low carb bandwagon so I don't watch any of those shows either.

it hasn't affected my watching foodtv much.
gb i don't care for sandra lee either lol.
she seems like a fake.

I too am a former Foodie.......but I agree its not worth discussing because I love posting on this site so much more.

I don't watch the cooking shows like I did mainly because there are so many reruns. Plus there are some that I just don't enjoy and seems like whenever I do decide to watch they are on so I just choose not to watch. I mainly watch Paula Dean, Barefoot Contessa, Rachael Ray, Everyday Italian, and Cooking with Michael Chiarello (I think I spelt that right ;) ) but again with so many reruns I've slowed down on my viewing. I'm not sure when the new shows will air.......but I look forward to that. I do occasionally go to the website though to look at recipes.

Whatever happened on the FoodNetwork message board has not stopped me from watching it's programming. I like to watch Everyday Italian with Giada De Laurentiis, Easy Entertaining with Michael Chiarello, Iron Chef America, and Roker on the Road plus some of the FoodNetwork Specials.

I didn't even realize that the boards over at FN had gotten turned off.

One thing I will say is that this message board is more "sophisticated" in terms of posting and finding older posts. Just my opionion, I find that this place has a much nicer interface, so I am here to stay. :)

GB, interesting, I think I maybe have the same problem as you do and it has nothing to with forum itself. I really am on the same page as you are; I could have said those very same words.
As a side note, I never did understand what happened on that forum. I guess they just did not want to take care and filter the posting. Too bad.

Unfortunately Charlie just about every post had to be filtered. It gets really time-consuming when you have to do that and it got so totally out of control they couldn't keep up with it. I've seen other food forums go down the tubes for the same reason. People may hate me here but I won't let it happen. Instead of taking up all my time with editing I just simply delete. Gets the point across MUCH quicker.

“Gets the point across MUCH quicker.”

Make sense to me. That is the only way to do it. Interesting, how did manage to miss all of the garbage, hm, o well, doesn’t matter.

Charlie, it was my understanding that the boards actually went away because it was not making the network any money. They decided that they didn't want to deal with the upkeep and cost of running the board if they didn't get any return on investment, at least that is what they told me when I called them.

While I don't watch much of FoodTV anymore, I do use their recipe website very often. They are the first site I go to when I need to find a new recipe (not counting this site of course).

I used to love watching FTV, but can't seem to find many new shows. I keep trying, but usually end up watching Fine Living, or HGTV if I can find some of their new shows. I really like Barefoot Contessa and Michael Chiarello and, of course, Alton Brown., among a few others.
BTW, I read somewhere that Sandra Lee is the "next Martha Stewart" and worth millions. Go figure.

Back
Top Bottom