Without thinking...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What's Kheer?

Oh, and right now, I could use a plate of World Famous Pancakes, with real maple syrup, butter, and a side of good breakfast sausage, or and chase it with an ice, cold glass of whole milk, strait from the cow.

Wait, yeasty Belgian waffles with sliced strawberries and Chantilly Cream, again with sausage and milk.

Can you tell it's morning?:D

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

You do know that milk comes out of a cow kind of warm, don't you? :LOL:

You do know that milk comes out of a cow kind of warm, don't you? :LOL:

Not in the U.P. We have special cows. Some give us hot milk, for cocoa, while others give us 42 degree milk for maximum flavor, while still others give us 32.1 degree milk to quench our thirst. And, if that weren't enough, we can dial in the cream content, and whether we want it to come out pasturized or not.;)

Now don't you wish you lived in the U.P. too?:D

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Anything with mushrooms!

DH is on a rotation/elimination diet regarding his food intolerances and as a combo of support and lent I am giving up the same items he has to. Most of the items are easy, but mushrooms are my all time favourite thing to eat! :ermm:

Chicken tikka Nawabi, mushroom pilau, keema naan and an onion bhajee:)) Oh if only they knew how to make authentic Indian food here in Moscow like my restaurant back home:(

The bigest order of fried clams from the Clam Box in Ipswich. And then go back for a second order. Their clams come right from Ipswich Bay daily. To die for. You can taste the salty sea in them. I am droolng right now. :yum::yum::yum:

Last edited:
Hi taxlady:) To be honest I have tried cooking Indian food at home but find it hard to taste authentic, maybe its about the cooking utensils or not quite the right ingredients because they are hard to find here in Russia but I must admit I see that post yesterday and can get all those ingredients and I'm going to the market now and going to give it a shot and will let you know the outcome:)

Hi taxlady:) To be honest I have tried cooking Indian food at home but find it hard to taste authentic, maybe its about the cooking utensils or not quite the right ingredients because they are hard to find here in Russia but I must admit I see that post yesterday and can get all those ingredients and I'm going to the market now and going to give it a shot and will let you know the outcome:)

Do let us know how it goes. I have had mixed luck trying to make authentic tasting Indian food, but it has always (well almost always) turned out tasty ;)

I'll be trying that lady's recipe when I feel better.

Do let us know how it goes. I have had mixed luck trying to make authentic tasting Indian food, but it has always (well almost always) turned out tasty ;)

I will for sure and just got back from the local market with all the ingredients:) I think your right, it's hard to have a bad tasting Indian!:)

I hope you feel better soon!

I will for sure and just got back from the local market with all the ingredients:) I think your right, it's hard to have a bad tasting Indian!:)

I hope you feel better soon!

Teddy Bear will argue with you on that one. I am part Indian and Teddy Bear loves to lick my hands all the time. That puppy thinks I taste good. But he still hates my singing. :ermm:

Teddy Bear will argue with you on that one. I am part Indian and Teddy Bear loves to lick my hands all the time. That puppy thinks I taste good. But he still hates my singing. :ermm:

:ROFLMAO: Well I'm sure he loves your cooking;) I should of said hard to have a bad tasting Indian meal:-p

All the ingredients are out on the table and I so need to buy a camera because I love taking food photos and even before it's cooked it looks tasty:chef:

:ROFLMAO: Well I'm sure he loves your cooking;) I should of said hard to have a bad tasting Indian meal:-p

Indeed he does. Specially my Yankee Pot roast. He has even eaten the carrots and potatoes. I fixed plate for me and he had such a sorrowful look on his face, I fixed plate just like mine and he cleaned it right up. He would have eaten more but I don't like to over feed him. :rolleyes:

Eggs Benedict with Hollandaise & Candian Bacon

It is 13.00 hours in Madrid, and it is Sunday Brunch hour ... Have not had Eggs Benedict for quite sometime with a Bloody Mary or a Mimosa ... M.C.

It makes you wonder if they're just messing with us. I've never been to Thailand but in discussing it with Thai waiters and waitresses I've asked how spicy native Thai food is, and I've been told Americans often order it more spicy than traditional cuisine. I have no way of knowing if this is true.

I've also been told that chopsticks are not generally used in modern Thailand, that they supply them mainly as a concession to gringo Americans such as me. I'm pretty sure chopsticks are still often used in modern China and Japan.
My husband actually was assigned to Thailand and said they rarely use chopsticks.

As far as heat goes, I've known many Thai women and they just loved to burn the skin off the tongue and roof of your mouth. When we eat at Thai restaurants, we just order it "Thai hot", however you would eat it. It's pretty hot.

I wish people wouldn't use spicy and hot as synonyms. Cinnamon rolls are spicy. Apple sauce cake is spicy. Hot peppers are just plain old HOT!

I did it:chef: - http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/chicken-tikka-masala-dopiaza-78144.html#post1112278

I'm just so happy and so so shocked!! I have tried so many times to make Indian taste like the restaurant curry back home which I love and miss so much with living here in Russia but thanks to you guys here and titlis busy kitchen I managed to make today Chicken Tikka Masala(Dopiaza) :)

It tastes absolutely gourgeous and it was just such a pleasure making it from getting the ingredients from the market to reading all the recipes here and finally cooking it and now I'm so chuffed! Ok, I better calm down and go and dish up another portion:) I get a little passionate about cooking, sorry folks:blush:

I hope this also enspires others to try her recipes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom