Can you freeze fresh buffalo mozzarella?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dcgator

Cook
Not your dry kind, this is the kind that comes from Italy with a little water and use for your Caprese. Found this great place that sells it and it is a marvelous creamy piece of heaven, but I don't live here, just visiting. Any ideas?

I don't know for sure, but my SWAG is that the texture would change, and not for the better. I shop at a place that sells cheese 'seconds'--mismarked, mis-cut cheese. The ones that I have frozen (cheddar mostly) turn very crumbly after freezing. They taste fine, work well for cooking, but are impossible to slice.

well you can, but it'll lose 3/4's of what makes it special. i wouldn't waste the money unless i had no other way to get it and money was no object.

If the cheese is packaged in a vacuum pack, it will last a long time without freezing. The buffalo milk moz I buy will last for a few months as long as it is kept cold.

Not your dry kind, this is the kind that comes from Italy with a little water and use for your Caprese.

Umm yeah, I am sure we all know fresh mozz. . . and it doesn't even have to be from Italy:ohmy:

Anywho, I wouldn't freeze it. I wouldn't recommend freezing it. Once it's open, I would use it by the days end(if it were a single ball), if not, I would use it within 3 days.

Not your dry kind, this is the kind that comes from Italy with a little water and use for your Caprese. Found this great place that sells it and it is a marvelous creamy piece of heaven, but I don't live here, just visiting. Any ideas?
Fresh Buffalo Mozzarella has a notoriously short shelf life. And if you buy it from Italy, one-half to two-thirds of that shelf life is gone by the time it reaches you. Use it within a couple of days. I wouldn't freeze it, though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom