Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   General Cooking (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   If you could have one professional cooking appliance... (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f17/if-you-could-have-one-professional-cooking-appliance-78021.html)

buckytom 02-19-2012 01:26 AM

If you could have one professional cooking appliance...

in another thread, tatt and i discussed that we'd like to have a salamander in our home kitchens.

it got me to thinking what other professional appliances that people might like to have in their home kitchens. deep fryer, professional stovetop or oven, walk in fridge, wok burner, high output dish washer, pizza oven, rotary smoker, etc..

if you could choose just one professional appliance (mexican workers do not count as appliances :glare:) what would it be? why?

again, tatt and i agreed that we'd like a professional salamander. there's so many things that you can do with a salamander that you just can't do as well in an oven or even a regular broiler.

TATTRAT 02-19-2012 01:32 AM

lol, good call, BT!

A salamander would deff be high on the list. Very versatile, great way to finish/broil things off, and besides a grill, the ideal way to cook a nice steak.

I wouldn't mind an industrial steamer, and a double stack convection oven as well.

Caslon 02-19-2012 02:17 AM

Maybe a deep fat fryer, restaurant size and quality, designed into my Orgreenic kitchen.

LPBeier 02-19-2012 02:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You can add me to the list who would like a salamander. It's one of the (very) few things I miss from my restaurant days.

I would also like a mid-sized mixer - I love my Pro 600 KA, but when making large wedding cake tiers it is sometimes a little on the teensy side. And throw in a full sized blow (convection) oven and I will be in heaven.
Attachment 13054

Of course I just have to figure out how to get them all into my very small galley kitchen! :sad:

HistoricFoodie 02-19-2012 07:05 AM

A salamander would be high on my list. But if I can only choose one it would be a deck oven.

Of course, my first choice would be a kitchen large enough to accommodate professional equipment.

DampCharcoal 02-19-2012 07:18 AM

Just one? I'd go with an Ole Hickory rotating smoker. And a couple cords of shagbark hickory.

CraigC 02-19-2012 07:28 AM

Hobart slicer!:wink:

DampCharcoal 02-19-2012 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigC (Post 1109612)
Hobart slicer!:wink:

Oh man, that right there is my arch-nemesis!

I laid open the top of my right index finger along the entire length when cleaning one once and the stupid thing wasn't even on!

It was my own fault, of course, I'd been careless but they still scare me! :lol:

Margi Cintrano 02-19-2012 07:49 AM

An Oak Barrel For Home Made Spanish Red Wine

Since we have a relatively modern apartment and for the cooking we both do, we already have almost everything there is room for including a Food Processor and Thermo Mix and Pasta Maker and Dish Washer ... weŽll take an oak barrel ...

Good question ... Thanks.

M.C.

PrincessFiona60 02-19-2012 08:04 AM

6-burner gas range with 4-foot griddle and two ovens...I could put out some serious eats with that! A friend in grade school, her family had the old gas range from the Remount Ranch, it was beauty to cook on.