If you could have one professional cooking appliance...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
in another thread, tatt and i discussed that we'd like to have a salamander in our home kitchens.

it got me to thinking what other professional appliances that people might like to have in their home kitchens. deep fryer, professional stovetop or oven, walk in fridge, wok burner, high output dish washer, pizza oven, rotary smoker, etc..

if you could choose just one professional appliance (mexican workers do not count as appliances :glare:) what would it be? why?

again, tatt and i agreed that we'd like a professional salamander. there's so many things that you can do with a salamander that you just can't do as well in an oven or even a regular broiler.

lol, good call, BT!

A salamander would deff be high on the list. Very versatile, great way to finish/broil things off, and besides a grill, the ideal way to cook a nice steak.

I wouldn't mind an industrial steamer, and a double stack convection oven as well.

You can add me to the list who would like a salamander. It's one of the (very) few things I miss from my restaurant days.

I would also like a mid-sized mixer - I love my Pro 600 KA, but when making large wedding cake tiers it is sometimes a little on the teensy side. And throw in a full sized blow (convection) oven and I will be in heaven.
UNISRM20.jpg

Of course I just have to figure out how to get them all into my very small galley kitchen! :(

Last edited:
Hobart slicer!;)

Oh man, that right there is my arch-nemesis!

I laid open the top of my right index finger along the entire length when cleaning one once and the stupid thing wasn't even on!

It was my own fault, of course, I'd been careless but they still scare me! :LOL:

An Oak Barrel For Home Made Spanish Red Wine

Since we have a relatively modern apartment and for the cooking we both do, we already have almost everything there is room for including a Food Processor and Thermo Mix and Pasta Maker and Dish Washer ... we´ll take an oak barrel ...

Good question ... Thanks.

M.C.

6-burner gas range with 4-foot griddle and two ovens...I could put out some serious eats with that! A friend in grade school, her family had the old gas range from the Remount Ranch, it was beauty to cook on.

My parents have a restaurant so some of these tools I am familiar with. The slicer is great! It's like an awesome mandolin (I need to get one! My husband won't let me as he thinks I am too clumsy and will hurt myself!). But then again once a year he has to drive an employee to the ER so maybe not best for home use. The juicer is also great but it's like 2 feet tall but juices everything so fast... My mom wants to kill me as I will throw a whole pineapple in there and drink its like 4$ just for my giant juice. Also the food processor - its finicky like all. You need to screw everything on right but it's huge.

Siegal, those slicers are no joke. I probably have an irrational fear of them but it's basically a large circular razor blade that spins at high RPM and whose motor is measured in horsepower.

I've had two accidents, neither of which required a trip to the ER but I'm a guy so I just duct taped the cuts.

It's actually a pretty sweet piece of equipment, you just cannot take your eye off of it for even a fraction of a second.

I am clueless about professional equipment. I looked at the thread and was thinking may the Geico gekco's cousin was a gourmet chef or something! I googled salamander + kitchen to find out what is was y'all were drooling over! I think if I had a choice though I would either a deep fryer or gas grill stove top. I would use them more often I think.

When we upgraded our kitchen I got pretty much everything I wanted. Granite countertops, island, dishwasher, side by side fridge, brushed stainless finishes, tall cabinets, corner sink.........the works. I have all the tools I could ever need or hope for. So I am very fortunate for that. BUT Hmmmmm a Salamander would be pretty cool.
:chef:

I'll just take one fully equipped restaurant kitchen, please.

While a salamander would be fantastic, so would a pro stove, deep fryer and smoker.

Slicer, salamander, deep fryer...Andy has it right, I want one professional kitchen WITH walk in Fridge and Freezer.

Back
Top Bottom