What's Your Meal, Neil? Wed. 2-22-12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
It's going to be the warmest day of the week at over 50º F so I want to grill something. Perhaps some marinated pork steaks and roasted potatoes.

I recently got a deal on previously frozen lobster tails (I assume the store had an overrun from either New Year's or Valentine's) and need to use them up. I have about 2 lbs of tails, so I think tonight will be Lobster and Saffron Risotto.

I have to work tonight. Helping with the cooking classes I have been talking about. Tonight I am assisting a Thai chef, I am looking forward to learning a thing or two. So, this looks like it will be my dinner, unless I can scrounge a few leftovers. Salmon salad sandwhich...

Attachments

• DSC00336.jpg
    DSC00336.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
I am making BLTs with the sun dried tomato bacon and on the sourdough bread I baked last night.

Using a recipe for chicken wings from Pier 66 (local place). Uses coconut and orange marmalade. Not a fan of shredded coconut, but I love these.

macaroni and cheese here. I usually add browned ground beef to it when using it as an entree. Salads and carrot cake for dessert.

I made egg noodles with garlic butter and white sauce with cream cheese and a little bit of Havarti and imitation krab marinated with a few sprinkles of lite soy to cut the sweetness of the krab.

My Choice of meaL

I will be having shrimp fried rice with fried pork chops for lunch. Fried rice for lunch sounds wrong but it is delicious.

Well, I was going to have pineapple sweet and sour chicken over rice but as usual, my complete incompetence in the art and technique of cooking rice leaves that part out.

I'll be low carbing it! That's my story, blah, blah, blah.

I finally made something for me and not my husband- vermicelli (had no linguini) with clams! It was amazing. Since I was in the fish section I picked up a squid and fried it up while I was cooking. It was so nice eating something besides meat or chicken - my husband won't eat, dairy, fish, shellfish, vegetables, whole grains.
I am going to have to do this more often - next I think mussels!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom