What's cookin' today, Ray? Saturday, 25/02/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rocklobster

Master Chef
Going to do up a chicken curry. Darned if I can find a can of coconut milk around here. I thought for sure I had one. I usually have a couple. I hate when that happens. Oh, well, gonna have to wing it. I have some cans of coconut water. May experiment with that. No shortage of other ingredients to give it flavor...

Last edited:
Today is Asian Fish Taco Day. I will julienne zucchini, red bell peppers and onions, steam lightly and toss with a wasabi ginger finishing sauce I found. Pan fried cod, no breading all tucked into flour tortillas. If I can get a good looking plate, I will post a picture.

Vegetable beef with barley soup!

I am out of milk and I am trying to think of some small treat to bake!

We are having a little blizzard today and it just is not a blizzard without a treat baking in the oven!

Maybe lemon squares! :yum:

I just picked up a few things from the store and I'll be making a large batch of sausage gravy and buttermilk biscuits. Might even cook up some hash browns and scrambled eggs.

It's cold and windy out, some warm food will hit the spot.

Breakfast! It's what's for dinner!

Oh my gosh, I have no idea what to grill. It is beautiful today! One thing nice about Colorado...we have beautiful days in between snowy days! Thursday was a snow day off of work. Friday was pretty, but cold. Today is sunny and warm. The snow sparkles before it melts away. Warm 48 degrees right now. Oh yes...dinner? I need to think of something to grill. Maybe just hamburgers and sweet potato fries! Yes...that sounds good.

Going to do up a chicken curry. Darned if I can find a can of coconut milk around here. I thought for sure I had one. I usually have a couple. I hate when that happens. Oh, well, gonna have to wing it. I have some cans of coconut water. May experiment with that. No shortage of other ingredients to give it flavor...

Ever use Creamed coconut - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia?

It's cheap and handy and can be diluted to make coconut milk. I like to grate it onto Indian style food while it's cooking.

Am thinking Pioneer Woman's Chicken Parmesan. Recipe was in the local rag today.

image-2531648095.jpg

Last edited:
Leftovers here. We're going out tomorrow to celebrate family Feb. birthdays (4!! members) and DH is still gone today. Not in the mood to cook. There's 2 pork chops, some mac and cheese, some salads. I may reheat the pork, cube it up and toss it on top of a salad.

My best friend's DH (he's the cook while I'm here--I do the dishes and clean up the kitchen) is making bison burgers, home fries, salad, dessert is the rest of the chocolate-ganouche (sp) cake he picked up for my B'day on Wednesday (from Whole Foods). Wonder if my best friend would notice if I took him home with me...wonder if my DH would?

Back
Top Bottom