Kraut and weiners and...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
saute some onions in butter until soft, add kraut, parboiled sliced potatoes, sprinkle with caraway seeds, mix together with weiners and bake like a casserole.

that's how dw makes kielbasi, so it'll work with dogs too, fancying them up a bit.

Biscuits, Red-Eye Gravy, and a big slice of ham...You are speaking my language!!!

However...With Kraut (I just eat Braised Cabbage and Weenies) I gotsta have a honkin big slice of corn bread...maybe a little Hot pepper Sauce!!! Ever try dipping ya weenies in a little yellow mustard??? Weenie dipped in mustard, and a bite of cornbread..You'll be thinking you are at the State Fair eatin a Corn Dog....

Fun!!

When I hear kraut and Weiners, the next logical step to my is a soft, split top potato bun and some kettle cooked crispy ships, but I am digging all the other suggestions.

My ex was Polska, and I think I had blocked some of her, and her mothers horrible meals, but one that DID stand out in a GREAT way was the Pierogis, and I like that suggestion. A little sour cream on the side, and maybe some crispy bacon. . .a combo that couldn't be bad.

Steve Kroll said:
It was always kraut, sausage, and fried potatoes when I was a kid. That was my favorite dinner. :)

That's it! That's what I couldn't remember. My Grandma used to make that very same meal and I too loved it.

buckytom said:
saute some onions in butter until soft, add kraut, parboiled sliced potatoes, sprinkle with caraway seeds, mix together with weiners and bake like a casserole.

that's how dw makes kielbasi, so it'll work with dogs too, fancying them up a bit.

Definitely need to try this. Sounds delish. Thanks.

Uncle Bob said:
Biscuits, Red-Eye Gravy, and a big slice of ham...You are speaking my language!!!

However...With Kraut (I just eat Braised Cabbage and Weenies) I gotsta have a honkin big slice of corn bread...maybe a little Hot pepper Sauce!!! Ever try dipping ya weenies in a little yellow mustard??? Weenie dipped in mustard, and a bite of cornbread..You'll be thinking you are at the State Fair eatin a Corn Dog....

Fun!!

On the Weinees with mustard - yes. Been doing this since childhood. Cornbread is good with them too, I'll agree. That's a whole nother meal to me though. Thanks.:)

TATTRAT said:
When I hear kraut and Weiners, the next logical step to my is a soft, split top potato bun and some kettle cooked crispy ships, but I am digging all the other suggestions.

My ex was Polska, and I think I had blocked some of her, and her mothers horrible meals, but one that DID stand out in a GREAT way was the Pierogis, and I like that suggestion. A little sour cream on the side, and maybe some crispy bacon. . .a combo that couldn't be bad.

Split top potato buns and did you mean chips, because that sounds pretty good too.

it's near impossible for me to resist reading any thread titled kraut and weiners. i full-well know how it will end, but i can't fight the temptation, nevertheless. a good thing i have both sauerkraut and well, smoked brats at home--close enough i guess. i will be adding fried potatoes and onions to this, a big easy winner from childhood on.... :)

Back
Top Bottom