Cuisinart Pure Indulgence Hype

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justplainbill

Executive Chef
I've been using the Cuisinart Pure Indulgence for about 2 years. I like to make as large a batch is possible to cut down on the number of cleanup iterations.
The hype is that you can 'make 2 quarts in 25 minutes'. Best I've been able to regularly achieve is 2.5 quarts by doing two consecutive churns of 28 minutes each, removing .75 quarts from the first batch, adding more mix, and reaping 1.75 quarts from the second churn.
I have been able to produce 3.25 quarts by doing 3 churns but that's pushing the envelope.
Today I finally measured the capacity of the mixing canister. It hold 2 quarts of water. If the canister contained 2 quarts of soft frozen mix, the dasher would create a bloody mess by propelling some of the mix up and out of the canister.
The long and short- do not expect to easily produce 2 quarts of ice cream in 25 minutes with this machine.

Oh, it's an ice cream maker! I had to look it up.

I have an older Cuisinart ice cream maker with a smaller capacity. four cups of liquid makes six cups of ice cream.

It's all in the way they phrase the capacity statement. It makes two quarts of ice cream, which means you have to start with less mix. Then the overrun grows it to 2 quarts.

Oh, it's an ice cream maker! I had to look it up.

I have an older Cuisinart ice cream maker with a smaller capacity. four cups of liquid makes six cups of ice cream.

It's all in the way they phrase the capacity statement. It makes two quarts of ice cream, which means you have to start with less mix. Then the overrun grows it to 2 quarts.
Thanks for the feedback.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom