ISO - Banana Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It wouldn't use up that many of them, but here is a really simple semi-healthy treat I like to make at night.

Get a few graham crackers and break them into two squares. Put some mixed frozen berries in the microwave and break them down 'til their prime for spreading. Then you spread the berries on one square and add some slices of banana.

Place the second square on top and press it down a bit, sprinkle some cinnamon on top and stick it in oven for a nice little toast! It's simple, but very delicious.

Fruit salad. Bananas with: Oranges, peaches, kiwi, coconut, mango, pineapple, any fruit. Maybe some nuts or seeds. Honey, agave syrup, sugar, or whatever sweetener. Some cinnamon or nutmeg.

You can whip them all up with some milk or yogurt and freeze in icecube trays, then whirl in the blender for instant smoothies.

Last edited:
Banana Pudding

Layer with Vanilla wafers, vanilla custard, and bananas. Top with meringue, if desired. Let it set overnight. One of my favorite desserts. :yum:

Bananas Over Cereal

Ingredients:

1/2 C. milk
6 oz. cereal
1 banana (sliced)
1-2 T. sugar (to taste, optional)

Method:

1. Add cereal to bowl.

2. Add bananas on top.

3. Pour milk over.

4. Add sugar to taste (optional step)

Sorry. I couldn't resist the satire. ;)

Last edited:
Yes, too many bananas, all ripe at the same time....a tricky prob too many of us often have..... and banana bread does get tiring, I agree.

I began to eat cereal (Cheerios my fav) with bananas for a light, evening snack.

I have added sliced bananas to my regular apple crisp recipe - delicious!

Chocolate pudding with bananas is good too, esp sprinkled with toasted coconut.

If only they were plantains. You could use them green or let them go soft with pitch black skin. Lots of uses.;)

I would let some of them turn black and put them in the freezer for banana bread and banana bread muffins later.

For Valentine's Day, I made buttermilk waffles and topped them with sauteed bananas. I put a bit of butter in a skillet, some maple syrup, and then banana slices, topped with whipped cream, a drizzle of my dad's maple syrup, and some crushed walnuts. My parents have been married for 58 years next month, and this was their Valentine's Day breakfast (with a side of bacon, orange juice). I hate bananas, but because they eat a banana a day, I incorporated the bananas in their V'Day breakfast. They ate it up.

It seems like bananas are only breakfast, lunch (PB w/banana sandwiches) and dessert food.

You could make a Waldorf salad. I'm pretty sure some of these recipes use bananas.

jonnyjonny_uk said:
Wow Andy that sounds delicious!!! Have you actually cooked this and tried it?

I work in a French restaurant and have made this dish countless times. It is my favorite dessert. So good! I don't use cinnamon (not a huge fan). I just sauté the bananas in the butter with a pinch of salt til the butter browns a bit, add the brown sugar til it melts, and a healthy splash of brandy, pour over ice cream. The sauce crusts onto the ice cream, so you get this fantastic mixture of textures. Now I want some...

I work in a French restaurant and have made this dish countless times. It is my favorite dessert. So good! I don't use cinnamon (not a huge fan). I just sauté the bananas in the butter with a pinch of salt til the butter browns a bit, add the brown sugar til it melts, and a healthy splash of brandy, pour over ice cream. The sauce crusts onto the ice cream, so you get this fantastic mixture of textures. Now I want some...

I've done something similar, except used a liqueur and then flambéed it. It's funny how ridiculously simple and easy the recipe is, and yet how showy and tasty it comes out. :)

Banana Cheesecake

Banana Ketchup (yes, there is such a thing)

Banana Pudding

Banana Creme Pie

Fruit Smoothies

Banana Frosting

Chocolate covered, Frozen Banana with chopped nuts

Fried banana chips

Slice and put in cerial

Pork & Banana (more recipes on the internet than I care to cound, and most of them look scrumptious)

Hope that helps.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom