Hot Sauce Day!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jolokia

Assistant Cook
Today is hot sauce day! I finally have some time without a lot of work that I can take a lazy sunday and just make a ton of different hot sauces. Some of the ones I distribute to my friends and family are:

Green Cilantro
Bbq Carrot
Peach
Pineapple
Ghost Pepper Garden Sauce

Any suggestions are welcome. My main two experiments today will be how to use cornstarch to thicken some sauces and how to make a quality mango hot sauce. Please post any ideas you might have or anything you have done with your hot sauces! I will gladly post my recipes afterwards.

Do you use fresh chilis or make a mash and let it ferment?

All your sauces sound lovely and being a hot head myself I'd like to be a friend and have some of them thrown my way:LOL:

Try a hot & spicy mango chutney and then mix it with a lime pickle.......LUSH!!

I use either pickled or fresh chilis. The ghost peppers I bought were dried, so I let those soak in the vinegar base I will use for the sauce (in this case apple cider vinegar).

I have never fermented a mash before. What does the process entail?

Basically, it involves canning finely chopped, fresh chilis with kosher salt. Then aging/fermenting for several months. Some makers, like Tabasco may go 3 years.

I like mango and chipotle sauce. I get two mangoes, one over ripe and one slightly under ripe, diced and save the juice, add back in. 1 can of chipotle in adobo, pureed. Thinly sliced green onions (with some of the green tops), chopped cliantro and minced garlic, sea salt to taste. Mix all together. If you want it to be pourable, puree the lot. This is good fresh and fantastic the next day.

i'll have to look for my recipe for pomegranate chipotle sauce. it's more of a bbq sauce, but you can easily make it hotter by adding powdered cayenne or thai bird chilis.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom