ISO Crab Meat Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigC

Master Chef
I picked leftover blue crab and have a scant pound of lump meat. Please no crab cakes!:) Any good recipes?

Saute some finely chopped garlic, a little ginger, at the end, go in with your crab and remove from heat. Add to room temp Cream cheese, with chopped green onion and mix well, season with S+P, and put onto wonton skins, making little dumplings to fry up.

Easy breezy, Crab Rangoon. Serve with Sweet Thai Chili sauce, or/and, some Chinese Mustard Aioli.

Saute some finely chopped garlic, a little ginger, at the end, go in with your crab and remove from heat. Add to room temp Cream cheese, with chopped green onion and mix well, season with S+P, and put onto wonton skins, making little dumplings to fry up.

Easy breezy, Crab Rangoon. Serve with Sweet Thai Chili sauce, or/and, some Chinese Mustard Aioli.

Now I'll be thinking about this all day at work...:pig:

Too bad you excluded crab cakes. We've pretty much concluded that's pretty much the way to go for getting the most out of our crab meat.

I excluded crab cakes because after many different recipe trys, we've found the one we like the best. I'm looking for something different.;)

tat--the crab meat dumplings you describe are beyond my capabilities, but i will be fantasizing about them endlessly...

tat--the crab meat dumplings you describe are beyond my capabilities, but i will be fantasizing about them endlessly...

that's just silly, they are super easy! It's just a mater of having the mix, and folding some wrappers. . . well, there are a multitude of shapes that can be done, but still, super easy.

^^^Reminds me, I haven't made it in years . . .A good basic cheesecake recipe, sans sugar, add salt and pepper, some sweated down peppers, onions, and fresh herbs. .. .do a savory(I like RITZ Butter Crackers) for the crust, and you get a pretty amazing savory cheesecake. Serve with Roasted Red Pepper Coulis.

^^^Reminds me, I haven't made it in years . . .A good basic cheesecake recipe, sans sugar, add salt and pepper, some sweated down peppers, onions, and fresh herbs. .. .do a savory(I like RITZ Butter Crackers) for the crust, and you get a pretty amazing savory cheesecake. Serve with Roasted Red Pepper Coulis.

I used to make one with smoked salmon and red lumpfish caviar. It was a great appetizer. I served it with crackers.

If you like Bloody Marys... combine diced seedless tomatoes, V-8 or tomato juice, worcestershire and tobasco (add diced celery or celery salt to the mix if you like), & prepared horseradish if you want a kick. Add vodka, to taste. Serve in martini glasses, topped with crab meat & diced avocado.

Here's the general idea, just for a visual...

Crab Shooters

Fire-Roasted Crab Shooters Recipe from Betty Crocker

Other ideas:

Add the crab meat to:

Fried rice
Omlettes
Crab foo yung
Crab eggrolls
Crab & cream cheese stuffed mushrooms

I like to stuff halved avocados with crab salad.

Fill rice paper wrappers with crab, avocado mango, & coleslaw mix.

Last edited:
angel hair pasta tossed with bay scallops and shrimp in a fresh, garlicy, chunky tomato sauce (not a long cooked, deep sugo), topped with lump crab and fresh parsley.

Last edited:
Here's my favorite crab recipe ever. It's called Vodka Crab and it's so easy even a kid could do it.

1.75 liters cheap vodka, about $10-15
1 scant pound crab meat
salt
pepper

Take the container of crab meat and the bottle of vodka, and sit them near each other. Remove the lid from the vodka and chug the whole bottle. Then try and season the crab meat before you pass out and wake up in the hospital with a massive hangover and a catheter that they're going to need to remove.
Once discharged from the hospital go home and realize the crab is on the counter where you left it and it smells bad.

Last edited:
A favorite Chesapeake area friend used to layer crab, bread crumbs, thin slices of ham, parmesan. If I remember right, he poured a milk/flour combination, just enough to moisten, and baked.

Thanks for all the suggestions!:) I have also been browsing different recipes, without success. We decided to go outside the box. How does this sound, a leek flan served over mixed salad greens, crab over top with a dressing of chili, lime, garlic and honey?

Keep the ideas coming!

Another idea... Crab ravioli with vodka tomato sauce. I usually have won-ton wrappers on hand. Put about a tablespoon of crab filling (ricotta, mozzarella and/or parmesan and green onions/chives - add a beaten egg if you like) and herbs of choice. Place another won-ton wrapper over the top and seal. Top with sauce of choice.

honestly, too much.

crab is delicate and can be overwhelmed easily. that's why simple things like rangoon, crabcakes, oldbay boil, and simple pasta work.

just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom