What's your Dish Trish? Thursday March 15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Tis the Ides of March!

I am planning the quinoa crusted snapper I was going to do last night, with mashed cauliflower, steamed snap peas and a citrus sauce.

What's your menu looking like?

Had a request for chicken stir fry. Now I have to decide on the boneless thighs or breasts in there. I'm off to the market for the veggies soon. YUM!

:whistling~~~~fat kids, skinny kids, kids who climb on rocks~~~~:LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Hot dogs with ballpark mustard, chips and a pickle!!!!!!!!

That song is stuck in my head, if someone invented it today they would probably be fired!:ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I have a couple skirt steaks defrosting. I have another package of spinach artichoke dip and thought about trying a new variation of twice-baked potatoes with that as the filling (with the scooped out potato of course). :chef:

Roast whole chicken. I'll have half the breast, with some cauliflower and mushy peas. Yum! Parents are having chicken in bread buns, with BBQ sauce and some homemade chips.

We're celebrating St. Paddy's a little early, so Irish Stew & Soda Bread tonight.

AnimatedLeprechaunDancing.gif

It's 2:45 p.m. here and today I'm simplifying my life with something I RARELY ever fix with a one dish twist. It's a Burger & fries pot pie from a cooking magazine I was checking out in line at the grocery store. Burger & fries is something we don't have often so this will be a treat for hubby. And I suppose I will break down & enjoy it myself. Maybe will squeeze out a chocolate pie too.

My work is simple tonight. I have a creamy southwest chicken soup leftover from lunch. I'll boil pasta and pour the soup over and top with cheddar for a Mexican chicken casserole.

I went shopping at an Asian superstore and got a bunch of stuff.

I'm making Tom Yum soup.

I also bought some marinated sliced pork belly and king oyster mushrooms.

I think I'll put my griddle on the grill and do the pork and mushrooms outdoors.

If it thaws:
Bone in Chicken Breast (not sure how I will cook it yet)
Mashed Turnips
Brussels Sprouts

Then maybe: Strawberry Sherbet

When I mentioned the Ides of March I meant to ask if anyone is serving Caesar salad today? :rolleyes:

:ROFLMAO:

Oh.. I have Caesar dressing.. I'll put that on my salad tonight. But do I have to stab my salad 23 times? :LOL:

For dinner I'm making a grilled pizza, chicken, bbq sauce, onions, peppers, mozzarella and cheddar cheeses.

Dinner is by Hebrew National tonight. Slaw and potato salad to go with the dogs. Martin's potato buns.

My plans for supper have gone out the window. There is no way on earth that I am going to turn the oven on. It is way too hot. We are probably going to go for drive through and soak up as much air conditioning in the car as we can.

I is grilling today. Grilled asparagus, grilled potato planks w garlic and rosemary, grilled pork chop w/ garlic and lemon pepper and probably more rosemary. Making 1 extra chop plain, no garlic, to use for something else tomorrow.

I is grilling today. Grilled asparagus, grilled potato planks w garlic and rosemary, grilled pork chop w/ garlic and lemon pepper and probably more rosemary. Making 1 extra chop plain, no garlic, to use for something else tomorrow.
Just reading that made me hotter! (see post above yours). :D

Grilled venison steak (med-rare), one of the last potatoes from the garden--baked and garnished with greek yogurt and parsley (from the herb garden), and steamed green beans from last summer's garden, dressed with turmeric and a splash of EVOO. Oh, and a glass of house red.

Attachments

• Venison steak 001.jpg
    Venison steak 001.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 172
Back
Top Bottom