What's your Dish Trish? Thursday March 15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was considering ordering from the local Chinese take out but didn't feel like paying the extra for delivery and thunderstorms were starting and didn't feel like going out in that. Found some ham steaks in the freezer. Popped them in the microwave while I made a pot of mac and cheese. It really tasted good tonight. I used cream cheese, some velveeta, cheddar and swiss.

Grilled venison steak (med-rare), one of the last potatoes from the garden--baked and garnished with greek yogurt and parsley (from the herb garden), and steamed green beans from last summer's garden, dressed with turmeric and a splash of EVOO. Oh, and a glass of house red.

I'm trying to think of a smartarse comment, 'cause that sounds really good and I'm not having it.

Grilled venison steak (med-rare), one of the last potatoes from the garden--baked and garnished with greek yogurt and parsley (from the herb garden), and steamed green beans from last summer's garden, dressed with turmeric and a splash of EVOO. Oh, and a glass of house red.

very appealing,--and finally, a generous serving of green beans, yuM!

for some reason I came home with craving for spaghetti. So spaghetti with garlic bread it was and the yummy ones at that.

i made a must go for dinner tonight. used left over crockpot chicken thigh. went on a bun with some of the hot sauce to slightly melt the cheddar cheese. yum,yum. few chips and i am satisfied.

Decided last minute to join friends at Mimi's Cafe for dinner. I guess that I'll never learn. Went there a couple times a few years ago and wasn't really impressed, hadn't been back. I thought that it may be better this time. I was wrong. My pork chops were supposed to be "Honey Dijon" but they had just been fried plain. I thought they were kid of bland, but was so wrapped up in conversation that I didn't realize what I had actually ordered until I got home. The "steamed" vegetables were pretty much raw (broccoli slightly cooked, carrots not at all". The mashed potatoes were pretty good. The french onion soup, OK, not bad. The bread pudding was OK, but again not great.

I am trying not to turn into a chain restaurant hater, but these places aren't making it that easy for me! :LOL:

I should have just went out for frozen yogurt like I had planned for dinner.

I'm making Tom Yum soup.
One of my favourite soups :yum: I've never tried making it though - might have to change that.

I took a trip to the grocery store early this morning to grab some chili fixings. Had the meat fried up by the time my fella was home at lunchtime. He cut up the veggies and mixed in the rest of the fixings. Then I kicked him out the door back to work and let the chili simmer the rest of the afternoon until he was home from work.

hmm Now I'm curious! Do you use uncooked quinoa? or do you cook, or even par-boil it, before you use it on the fish? I'd love to see your recipe if you don't mind sharing. :yum:
Of course you can have it - Ms M wants it too. I still didn't get to make it today because DH had to work a double shift, but we are definitely having it tomorrow.

I will post the whole thing tomorrow, but to answer your question I crack it with a meat mallet and lightly toast it in a dry skillet for a few minutes. There are many different ways to do it - some people cook it first but I like it this way best.

Oh.. I have Caesar dressing.. I'll put that on my salad tonight. But do I have to stab my salad 23 times? :LOL:

For dinner I'm making a grilled pizza, chicken, bbq sauce, onions, peppers, mozzarella and cheddar cheeses.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Your pizza sounds yummy!

takeout chinese tonight: wonton soup, boneless ribs, beef and broccoli, shrimp chow mein, kung pao shrimp, singapore mei fun, and white and brown rice.

Easy Night-
Burger Patties Simmered in Onion Gravy-
Edamame pods cooked in beef broth, and Tots

img_1120026_0_5545cf33c013005157dc02e24ba86d22.jpg

Back
Top Bottom