Sunday dinner Sonny, what is it? (Mar 18/12)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
I am thinking I'll leave burgers for the family tonight. I'm not sure what I'll get at work so I'll have an extra out for when I get home.

I will be making Snapper Romano with a Ready-Pac Bistro Italiano salad and a side of brown rice. I guess I'll have to go pluck another lemon off my neighbor's tree

I'm defrosting and marinating a shoulder steak for London Broil tonight. I think I'll do some roasted red baby potatoes and sauté some string beans go along with it.

Dinner party tonight. My wife has 8 co-workers coming over, including her boss and two big wigs from their office in India who have never been to the states before. We are having:

• Chile Marinated Grilled Chicken
  • Southwest Black Beans
  • Oven Baked Saffron Rice
  • Cucumbers in Mint Yogurt Dressing
  • Mediterranean Lentil Salad
  • Homemade Sourdough Bread
  • Three kinds of homemade Sorbet: Blood Orange, Lemon Mint, and Lime Basil
  • Assorted Cheeses and Fruits
  • Homemade Gewurztraminer and Tempranillo wines

Since the guys from India aren't familiar with American flavors, I thought I would try to make some dishes that include ingredients you might find in Indian cuisine, but in a different context. One of the fellows apparently remarked to someone else that he thought American food was bland. I'm working to erase that notion.

I've been cooking since yesterday morning.

Last edited:
Tonight's meal is our St. Patrick's Day feast. Corned beef and cabbage with stewed tomatoes, garlic mashed potatoes on the side, Killian's Irish Red to drink and green-tinted custard filled cream puffs with chocolate whipped cream topping. I'm pretty sure we'll be seriously full.

Now that we are back home and not living out of restaurants...

I have deer steaks thawed and primed for this evening.

Salad and corn to go with.

I'm defrosting and marinating a shoulder steak for London Broil tonight. I think I'll do some roasted red baby potatoes and sauté some string beans go along with it.
I'm going to Andy's, then swinging on over to Uncle Bob's for dessert! :rolleyes:

I made a scallop linguini with garlic lemon butter sauce for DH to take to work. I will probably make a mushroom cream sauce over pasta when the time comes. I will have a salad with it - DH got peas.

Homemade linguini, with some wonderful, very fresh oyster mushrooms!

Having sesame chicken, vegetable fried rice and vegetable egg foo yung from the local Chinese take-out. DH is there now to pick up.

Italian sweet sausage (large crumbles browned out of the casing), multi colored bell peppers (yellow, orange, red and green), onions, fresh garlic and canned whole peeled tomatoes and seasoning) served with ciabatta rolls. And a mixed salad (red & green butter lettuce, spring mix wild baby field greens, shredded red & green cabbage, grated carrot, sliced mushroom cap, alfalfa sprouts, vine tomato, roasted sliced almonds, McCormick Perfect Pinch and black olives) dressed with Good Seasons Basil vinaigrette.

img_1120926_0_520dc20c016b4b0dd1e3ecab09ff2ef6.jpg

Since we didn't get to have it yesterday (had yummy guacamole burgers at our friends' yesterday) today is our corned beef and cabbage day. :cool:

Dinner party tonight. My wife has 8 co-workers coming over, including her boss and two big wigs from their office in India who have never been to the states before. We are having:

• Chile Marinated Grilled Chicken
  • Southwest Black Beans
  • Oven Baked Saffron Rice
  • Cucumbers in Mint Yogurt Dressing
  • Mediterranean Lentil Salad
  • Homemade Sourdough Bread
  • Three kinds of homemade Sorbet: Blood Orange, Lemon Mint, and Lime Basil
  • Assorted Cheeses and Fruits
  • Homemade Gewurztraminer and Tempranillo wines

Since the guys from India aren't familiar with American flavors, I thought I would try to make some dishes that include ingredients you might find in Indian cuisine, but in a different context. One of the fellows apparently remarked to someone else that he thought American food was bland. I'm working to erase that notion.

I've been cooking since yesterday morning.

WOW Steve!! That sounds so well thought out and just fantastic! You will certainly do us all proud with how exciting American cooking can be. Shine on!!:chef:

Yet another beautiful plate, MsM .

My kitchen is cleaned and closed. Open again March 29th.
Aloha !:flowers::kiss:

WOW Steve!! That sounds so well thought out and just fantastic! You will certainly do us all proud with how exciting American cooking can be. Shine on!!:chef:

Yet another beautiful plate, MsM .

My kitchen is cleaned and closed. Open again March 29th.
Aloha !:flowers::kiss:
Thank you Kay.

Happy, fun and safe journey!

With all the HUGE heads of cabbage on sale this week.. I picked one up and made two pans of golumpki for dinner. Steamed carrot coins and steamed sugar peas on the side and some nice crusty rye bread.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom