Hey good lookin'- whatcha got cookin' Wed March 21

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whiskadoodle

Executive Chef
I've had my eye on a package in the freezer that says "top sirloin" so I thawed it out. It looks to be trimmed quite excessive. It will be grilled alongside some asparagus and either a baked potato or some grilled carrots split down the middle. Dusts hands. That was easy to plan.

Chicken teriyaki. The thigh isn't thawed yet, but I'm going to add my marinade to the baggie anyway.

Soup w/ ramen, shrimp dumplings, veg, bbq pork

Attachments

• DSC00427.jpg
    DSC00427.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 182
It is our anniversary, but I am not cooking anything fancy for supper. It is something James loves, however. Hot dogs (without buns), macaroni and cheese, and a veggie.

Baked pasta with meat (wagon wheels, ground beef, crumbled sausage, ricotta, mozzarella, egg, mushrooms, fresh grated romano and parmesan, parsley, seasoning) and mixed salad.

img_1121938_0_e5d5fcc0432aa1edc187f2c95fe02366.jpg

img_1121938_1_c819e52bacfa926b9637c2eb9f61a940.jpg

Leftover night here.. I had a reheated chicken leg quarter and some steamed green bean/snap peas/carrots with sesame oil, soy sauce and sesame seeds.

Barbara L said:
Thank you! It is our 9th. :cool:

Happy 9th anniversary!

Rotisserie chicken salad and roasted broccoli. I am expecting a belated birthday dinner this weekend.

Happy Anniversary!

I'm bored and playing kitchen chemist, and trying to reverse engineer my secret favorite, bourbon chicken. There is a place that brings it every year to a festival near me, and we drive an hour to get it, it's sooooo good. I even love the mall stuff, ha. Think I'm getting close!

lisaluvstocook said:
Happy Anniversary!

I'm bored and playing kitchen chemist, and trying to reverse engineer my secret favorite, bourbon chicken. There is a place that brings it every year to a festival near me, and we drive an hour to get it, it's sooooo good. I even love the mall stuff, ha. Think I'm getting close!

I love it too & my husband absolutely loves Bourbon Chicken & the only place around home that we know of to get it is the mall. He begs for it whenever we get within a 10 mile radius of the mall.

I love it too & my husband absolutely loves Bourbon Chicken & the only place around home that we know of to get it is the mall. He begs for it whenever we get within a 10 mile radius of the mall.

As well he should, the stuff is yummy! Normally I can find pretty good copycat recipes online, and then play with the ingredients until I find the right flavor. But this recipe is like top secret or something. Many of them call for things like ginger (either ground or powdered), minced garlic, red pepper flakes, and even ketchup! None of these things are in the bourbon chicken I know and love.

I made another recipe, for brown sugar glazed grilled pork chops, and when I tried them my first thought was 'Omg this kind of tastes like bourbon chicken!'. I have been playing with that base ever since.

Good luck with your recipe. If I find a recipe that comes close, I'll be sure to post it.

Back
Top Bottom