Marinated Grilled Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pmeheran

Senior Cook
We eat much chicken. Poor retired teachers you know. Well I bought a free range one, we prefer those to the sticky chickies in the grocery store.

I looked online at some suggestions and recipes and I did not like what I saw. Most people make this more complicated than it needs to be and also to their detriment, they don't take notes. Damn, folks if you find a really good suggestion write it down!

My methods may not appeal to some folks, but if you are busy and poor they might. I take the chicken, wash, stick in a huge baggy, fill with marinade[ in this case, lawrys hawaiian and some sesame oil, the fresh rosemary, lemon basil, italian parsley from my garden] all sits till it is mellow[?]. I get the grill hot outside [today it is in the 90s and humid, cooking indoors is not a option].
In a pan, slice potato, lay marinated chicken on top, breast down by the way[juicier breast that way], lay 1015 sweet onion rings on top,the broth from boiling the giblets maybe 1/2 cup, then cover loosely with foil. I fire up both burners at first and later I shut down the one under the chicken. A last note, if your chicken is already at room temperature it will cook surprisingly fast, dry chickens are dog food. Also I noticed some folks wanted an exact cooking time, ain't gonna happen GI, this is the real world.

This sounds really good! Thanks, Pmeheran!

Last edited:
Good afternoon,

While my younger daughter and I went over to the hairdresser early this morning, we thumbed through a local Italian Hello Magazine ... In the back are recipes, and there was a stunner CHICKEN BREASTS STUFFED WITH OLIVES WITH A LITTLE TINY RED PEPPER ... done in white wine ... and lemon ... with parsely ... herbed breadcrumbs and it looked lovely ... Thought I would pass on as I am going to perfect what I could remember into a lunch next week.

Kind regards.
Margi.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom