April 1st - Did you manage to fool anybody, or see any good jokes played?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seeing as I'm retired, I couldn't play my usual April Fools joke. I'd go into work real early, go into the ladies room, and put saran wrap over all the toilets!
img_1125940_0_ee42de2a90ebc9129ac8f902d0fdcef2.gif

I changed the alarm on Shrek's clock...I forgot, he's retired and it was Sunday...

I posted a strange recipe. Everyone was too polite to say anything....

Andy M. said:
I caught you and called it. Everybody knows lemon Jell-O works best with beans.

You're right, Andy. That was my mistake.

PrincessFiona60 said:
I thought it was the perfect dish for April Fool's day...

Next year, will do same, with cherry jello, Bushes Baked Beans and mini marshmallows.

PrincessFiona60 said:
Chocolate cake with a tuna filling...

Fred Flintstone's cat food dip comes to mind....

One year, one of my students and I made "snot", a mix of gelatin, cornstarch and water, and left it in the teacher's lounge along with some chips. By the end of the day, it was gone.

Asides from saran wrapping a bunch of toilets, nothing major to report.;)

I suppose, like Halloween, could have made some tricks, before treats

img_1126114_0_c3f82b9025e8079d7f01f4a99c096ca6.jpg

I caught you and called it. Everybody knows lemon Jell-O works best with beans.
That is actually the sort of thing they do with beans in Thailand. I was looking for something healthy to eat at the market last time I was there, and bought some beans to go with salad... The red kidney beans were soaked with sugar, and a lot of sugar too, so they were almost like candy.

On another occasion, I bought beans from a market stall, to go with french fries I was also buying, and they added sweet water and ice to the bowl of kidney beans. Not being able to speak Thai, I was never able to explain what I wanted, so had more adventure than I often wanted where food is concerned. At least, I never accidentally ordered those huge fried insects that are for sale in many markets and restaurants there. :ermm:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom