What is Your Pasta Passion?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Margi Cintrano

Washing Up
Which pasta dish is your passion or favourite and what do you add to it or omit ?

Mine is, my Grandmom Margherite´s Emilia Romagna Ragù Bolognese...

Lasagne ... For me, this is my " divino " ...

A touch of uncased piquant Italian sausage to the Ragú ... and Pecorino Fiore Sardo - D.O. Sardinia.

Look forward to your replies and ideas ...

Kindest and Happy Holidays,
Buona Pasquas,
Margaux Cintrano. :chef:

Last edited:
Oh, my! Do I have to choose? I love so many.

But if I had to come up with something, I'd have to say my Grandma Grillo's (from Sicily) lasagna. Nothing short of heaven on a plate. Takes quite a while to make it but it's well worth the time and trouble.

Lasagne
Clam sauce and linguini

Other than that, I'm not a pasta eater...but I'm hoping once the new toy arrives, I'll make "veggie" pasta dishes. I guess my mother's weekly spaghetti turned me off of pasta...

Angel Hair or Vermicelli with butter. I like very little sauce on my pasta. If I do use it, just enough to keep the pasta from sticking together. :)

Last edited:
While I love pasta in many different ways a good arrabiata is wonderful.

But I tend to favor bold simple flavors.

Can't make that choice, too many from different cultures! Is spaetzel made with flour pasta?:yum: Margi, you have asked a question that I find impossible to answer!;)

My favorite pasta is probably not a classic, except to me.

Sauce:
15 oz. crushed tomatoes
6 oz. tomato paste
1/2 tsp. dried oregano (stronger flavor than fresh)
1 tsp. fresh basil
1/4 tsp crushed rosemary
1/4 tsp. powdered thyme
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 onion, coarsely chopped
1 lx sliced cremini mushrooms (sauteed in butter until very lightly browned

Meatballs
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 lb. bulk chudagi sausage
1 egg
1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Regiano
1/2 onion, fine dice
1/4 cup milk
2 tbs. black truffle oil
1 tsp. basil
1/2 tsp. oregano
1 tbs. coarse grind black pepper

Heat 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil, until fragrant, in a 2 quart (or larger) sauce pot. Sweat the onions in the hot oil until tender. Combine the remaining sauce ingredients in the sauce pot, turn temperature to lowest setting and and let simmer for 40 minutes. Taste, and correct the seasoning. Remove to a glass or SS bowl and refrigerate overnight.

While the sauce is simmering, combine the meatball ingredients in a bowl. Use a small ice cream scoop, or your hands to form 1/2 inch meatballs. Place in a shallow, wide pan with 1/4 cup of water. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove the lid and brown the meatballs. Add to the sauce and let sit overnight in the fridge.

On the next day, before starting the noodles, re-heat the sauce and meatballs. Taste and correct the seasoning. Reduce heat to lowest setting.

Cook whole wheat spaghetti noodles until just right (about ten minutes). Drain, plate, and drizzle with truffle oil. Place sauce in a bowl to let your family members, or guests use the amount of sauce they prefer. Offer freshly grated Parmigiano Regiano, or Asiago to dress the dish.

Alternately, replace the meatballs with browned, chunky, ground beef.

Serve with salad of choice, and good, crusty bread.

Beverage for this meal, for me, has to be cold, but not ice cold, milk, preferably in a chilled glass.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
My favorite pasta dish is Fettucini Alfredo. What do I add extra? A little extra garlic, fresh chopped parsly, & LOTS of extra Parmesan cheese grated over the top & maybe a grilled chicken price . I really like either some sliced tomatoes with just S & P or a grape tomato salad in balsamic vinegar with bell peppers etc., etc. On the side, then of coarse gotta have either some soft bread sticks or crusty bread, or at least some cheap garlic bread. Mmm... this makes me want to make a tiramisu to go with my imaginary fettucini Alfredo.

I like tagliatelle or pappardelle with butter, S&P, grated cheese!

The ones made with spinach are extra special and good with a spoon of ricotta added. :pig:

Rigatoni Carbonara. I love the simplicity and richness of the sauce.

:LOL:

Fusilli carbonara for me. I love the simplicity too. I like the way the sauce clings to fusilli.

What do I substitute? I usually use sour cream or yogourt instead of heavy cream.

so many pastas, so little time.

rigatoni, meatballs, brasciole, and sweet fennel sausage in a long simmered tomato sauce (sunday gravy)
bucatini and pork rib ends in tomato sauce
shrimp and scallops marinata over squid ink linguini
scungilli fra diavolo with spaghetti or conchiglie
lump crab and flounder with cappelini, butter and garlic
halibut or bronzini puttanesca with spinach linguini
spicy pork sausage, escarole, dried pepperoncini with fusilli or orrechiette
penne, fresh cherry tomatoes, fresh basil, fresh mozarella, and evoo
thin linguini and baby clams, white sauce
cavatelli and broccoli
veal and peppers with ziti

just too many to list..

Last edited:
Linguine tossed with home made pesto (heavy on the basil, light on the parmesan), ripe diced tomatoes (uncooked, semi-tart variety) and prosciuto.

Runners up

Angel hair tossed with garlic butter, sauteed mushrooms and sweet red pepper.

Linguine cooked to slightly under done, place in a pan with tomato paste that's been mixed with fresh oregano, black pepper and a little balsamic vinegar. Toss together. Add a little water, cover and let the linguine finish cooking.

i love pasta salads. anything with fresh vegetables. like zuchinni and cherry tomatoes. kus kous and orzo pasta are my passion.

Back
Top Bottom