Need help ASAP Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyndalou

Head Chef
Hi,

I PRINTED A RECIPE FOR A YOGURT CAKE SUBMITTED HERE BY COOKING BUDDY 101. I ALSO APPARENTLY DIDN'T READ IT WELL, BECAUSE I HAVE STARTED THE CAKE, AND DISCOVERED THAT HE DIDN'T SAY HOW MUCH SUGAR I NEED. I AM TO CREAM 1/2 CUP OF BUTTER WITH ??? SUGAR. ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. I HAVE ALSO TO ADD 8 OZ. OF YOGURT SOMEWHERE IN THERE. HELP.

That recipe calls for a cup of powdered sugar.

The powdered sugar is for the glaze. I used 1 1/3 cups of granulated sugar. The time and temp are off in this recipe as well. 30 mins at 325 is definitely not long enough. I added ten minutes still not done and I just added another 10 mins
should know better than to try something new to bring to a friend's house for dessert tomorrow. May need to make an emergency trip to a bakery.
Thanks for trying to help me out.

The powdered sugar is for the glaze. I used 1 1/3 cups of granulated sugar. The time and temp are off in this recipe as well. 30 mins at 325 is definitely not long enough. I added ten minutes still not done and I just added another 10 mins
should know better than to try something new to bring to a friend's house for dessert tomorrow. May need to make an emergency trip to a bakery.
Thanks for trying to help me out.

Sorry you had this experience. My rule is to make a recipe at least once before counting on it to give to/serve to others.

You are so right, Andy. It's out of the oven and looks pretty good. Now to get it out of the bundt pan! After it cools down, of course. Never again.

It's out of the pan and any thing that looks a little "off" will be covered by the glaze. wish I could do a taste test.

Do a taste test and blame it on your kids or husband. At least you would know if it is ok before taking it along. lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom