Need help: drink that is good for milkshakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DrNakah

Assistant Cook
My wife and I used to buy a strawberry flavored drink that worked great for making strawberry milkshakes -- then the store stopped getting that drink in. I always new what to buy, from the look of the bottle, but never really payed attention to the name of it...:mad: Now I am trying to find that drink, and don't know what it is called: I hope someone can help me based on the description....:arrow::arrow::arrow:

From what I can remember...

A square glass bottle, pink, strawberry flavored, with a clear line on the side so that you know how full it is. I believe it is a creamy drink. And tasted really good mixed with vanilla ice-cream, and made into a strawberry milkshake.

That is all I know; I hope someone knows what I am talking about... Thank you.

Could it be strawberry "Quick" or Strawberry Yoohoo? BTW, welcome to DC!

Last edited:
Could it be strawberry "Quick" or Strawberry Yoohoo? BTW, welcome to DC!

Thank you for you quick response, I Googled the pictures of what you said, and it does not look like what I used to buy.

You don't need a pre-made drink to have the most wonderful strawberry milkshake ever. Rather than using somebody else's idea of what a strawberry drink should taste like, make your own. Here's how.

Strawberry Milkshake/Malt

Fill a 12 oz. glass half full of fresh strawberries that have been washed and the hulls (leaves) removed. Fill the glass to the top with your favorite vanilla ice cream. Add milk to almost the top of the glass. Pour it all into your blender and turn it on high until the shake is smooth and creamy. If you're make shakes/malts for more people, use the same method to double the recipe, or tripple it. To turn your shake into a malt, add a tbs. malt powder per glassful.

If you want a blueberry shake, fill the glass half full of blueberries, then ice cream, etc.

For chocolate, fill the glass with ice cream, then milk, and add chocolate milk powder in the blender.

You can use any fruit you want to make a shake. You can also use butterscotch syrup, or maple syrup, or bananas, or apple slices, etc. Personally, I love the flavor of malt powder added to my shakes. My DW, on the other hand, detests malt flavor.

For a great vanilla shake, choose a premium vanilla ice cream, or french vanilla ice cream. Add milk, and a dash of nutmeg. Can you say yum?

Make your own shakes and malts. It's easy and delicious.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Good Morning,

If I were you, I would head over to your nearest large Health Food Store and speak with the Manager ... If it is a " Healthy " Strawberry Drink, then there should be EQUIVALENT SUBSTITUTES at a good Health Food Shop ...

However, Chief Longfellow made a good point, why not make your own ?

Have a nice wkend.
Kindest. Margi Cintrano.

Thank you for all your responses, still not what I am looking for, but lots of useful stuff.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom