Bakechef's Brownies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bakechef

Executive Chef
This is my favorite brownie recipe and I've been making it for years. People really like them and go out of their way to tell me so. These make a nice thick fudgy brownie. I line my pan with a "sling" of parchment paper for easy removal. For nice, pretty brownies, after cooling, chill them until cold, remove from pan with sling, remove paper and cut in squares with a large knife.

A recipe like this doesn't take well to reductions in butter and sugar, they are an important part of texture and flavor, so if you alter these ingredients, expect very different results.

3/4 cup melted butter ( the real stuff is best)
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 eggs, slightly beaten
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
powdered sugar
Directions
Preheat oven to 350*F.

Cream butter, sugar, and vanilla in mixing bowl, and beat in eggs.

In another bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt with a
fork, then blend dry ingredients into egg mixture, but do not over-beat.

Spread batter into an ungreased 8-inch square pan, and bake 40-45 minutes, until brownie begins to pull away from the edges of the pan, and is nicely crinkled and cracked on top.

Cool completely, and cut into squares.

These weren't quite cold when I cut them, but that helps show how fudgy they are. How could they help being fudgy with all that butter and sugar!

baked.jpg

fudgy.jpg

Last edited:
Yum! They look wonderful, Bakechef! And a nice, easy recipe.

Thanks all, I love them with walnuts! I usually toast them for a bit before putting in the batter. Maybe 5-8 minutes in the preheated oven.

Thanks PF that's the amount that I would use.

I use the 8x8 to toast them while making the batter, then only one pan to wash!

Thanks for the tip on toasting the walnuts first. And how many to use.

This is my favorite brownie recipe and I've been making it for years. People really like them and go out of their way to tell me so. These make a nice thick fudgy brownie. I line my pan with a "sling" of parchment paper for easy removal. For nice, pretty brownies, after cooling, chill them until cold, remove from pan with sling, remove paper and cut in squares with a large knife.

A recipe like this doesn't take well to reductions in butter and sugar, they are an important part of texture and flavor, so if you alter these ingredients, expect very different results.

3/4 cup melted butter ( the real stuff is best)
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 eggs, slightly beaten
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
powdered sugar
Directions
Preheat oven to 350*F.

Cream butter, sugar, and vanilla in mixing bowl, and beat in eggs.

In another bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt with a
fork, then blend dry ingredients into egg mixture, but do not over-beat.

Spread batter into an ungreased 8-inch square pan, and bake 40-45 minutes, until brownie begins to pull away from the edges of the pan, and is nicely crinkled and cracked on top.

Cool completely, and cut into squares.

These weren't quite cold when I cut them, but that helps show how fudgy they are. How could they help being fudgy with all that butter and sugar!

baked.jpg

fudgy.jpg

i love a good brownie or three.:yum: thank you for your special recipe, bakechef.:yum: (loving the beautiful dimpling on top, too!):)

Back
Top Bottom