Less than $8,400

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow! When you said Vermeer, I thought you were going to report on one of Johannes' paintings like Girl with a Pearl Earring. Now, THAT would definitely be sold for thousands.

Sure hope the cheese is delicious!

Wow! When you said Vermeer, I thought you were going to report on one of Johannes' paintings like Girl with a Pearl Earring. Now, THAT would definitely be sold for thousands.

Sure hope the cheese is delicious!

Well, *I'D* never spend that kind of money on something less than an investment and to me, cheese is not an investment. Wine, maybe, gold, silver, paintings, yes. Cheese, I think not.
How can people have so much money they need to spend $350/lb on cheese?

Well, *I'D* never spend that kind of money on something less than an investment and to me, cheese is not an investment. Wine, maybe, gold, silver, paintings, yes. Cheese, I think not.
How can people have so much money they need to spend $350/lb on cheese?

Wouldn't you like to be able to prove you don't need to spend $350/lb on cheese...

As they say, money can't buy happiness...I'd like to be able to test that myself.:rolleyes:

Bidding $350 a pound in an auction where the proceeds go to a fund to promote consumer knowledge of fine cheeses is probably considered a minor and worthwhile expense by corporate cheese types attending an industry event. The winners from Decatur Dairy auctioned for $500 per pound.

The good news is you can eat on the $500 a pound Decatur stuff for less than $5 a pound. I don't know what the Vermeer sells for, but it's a gouda type, so how much can it be? And it beat out 2500 competitors, and the judges scored it 98.73 out of 100, which it probably pretty dang good cheese.

Well, to really be a good pairing, the wine would have to have been paid for at the same approximately 1,000% of its worth. We just have to find someone who paid $400 for a bottle of Boone's Farm apple.

Boone's Farm Apple on the beach.

philadelphiaoutsiderboonesfarm.jpg

Because Thunderbird was for old winos in the alley.

0000wyrc

I am willing to pay $5.00 a pound for Cabot's out of Vermont. That is as high as I am willing to go. I love cheese, it just doesn't return that love. :ermm:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom