Breville smart grill/griddle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Siegal

Sous Chef
I am so excited as I live in a condo with no backyard to grill. I made burgers on it last night and eggs this morning. What fun things can I grill??? Churrasco is top of my list as every time I broil it its a disaster!

You bought one excellent indoor griller. I'm very jealous of you right now. When and if my Breville paninni maker ever dies, I've had it for years. Yours is going to be my next step up. Maybe by then the price won't hurt too much.
You do get what you pay for with Breville.

Have you seen this?
The Smart Grill | Breville

I didn't just see that chef wipe his hands on his pants and continue cooking did I? :ROFLMAO:

Munky.

You bought one excellent indoor griller. I'm very jealous of you right now. When and if my Breville paninni maker ever dies, I've had it for years. Yours is going to be my next step up. Maybe by then the price won't hurt too much.
You do get what you pay for with Breville.

Have you seen this?
The Smart Grill | Breville

I didn't just see that chef wipe his hands on his pants and continue cooking did I? :ROFLMAO:

Munky.

He had a small towel in his back pocket but it took awhile before I caught it... still looked like he wasnt getting it very good! :LOL:

I am loving my grill I only got it yesterday and already made burgers last night, eggs and turkey bacon for breakfast, grilled swordfish for lunch, grilled calf liver for baby's dinner (which she inhaled)
I made pesto tonight for planned panini tm.

That grill looks as if it cooks fantastic, a bit pricey for me tho. I've never seen anything like it. After seeing it, no George Foreman type grills for me from now on.

Last edited:
My New GriLL

Breville GriLL.jpgPicked up the Breville Smart GriLL a few weeks ago. I am REALLY LIKING this contraption. It sears in the flavors of meats and fish. I don't think I have ever had a chicken breast so juicy and flavorful before. Not to mention the tri-tip-avocado-muenster Panini I grilled for lunch yesterday. What a treat! I highly recommend this griLL to anyone and everyone.

That looks like a great grill...I do like Breville products and it sounds like this one is very good :)

I have a similar grill, but it isn't a Breville. It's the Food Network clone of the Cuisinart Griddler. The quality is lacking in my grill, I'm willing to bet that the Breville is much better product, since they seem to be making very nice stuff.

I have one I love it!!
Only issues are back left of one of my plates barely cooks, I must have chipped off all the non stick coating so I must butter it like crazy, and doesn't get hot enough to really sear a steak IMO.

But otherwise love it. Best chicken ever.
Be careful not to use metal utensils on it. I brought mine to the restaurant for a few weeks and it survived...minus non stick coating so it's a sturdy piece of machinery.

This thing really does live up to Breville's high standards. I am careful with the non-stick surface. I use bamboo utinsils and have had no problems. The removable grills just wipe down w/soapy water and a sponge. Siegal, there must be something wrong with yours, mine heats to 450 degrees when I set it on sear and it is plenty hot. It is 1800 watts on sear, which is more than enough.

Last edited:
Chef Maloney said:
This thing really does live up to Breville's high standards. I am careful with the non-stick surface. I use bamboo utinsils and have had no problems. The removable grills just wipe down w/soapy water and a sponge. Siegal, there must be something wrong with yours, mine heats to 450 degrees when I set it on sear and it is plenty hot. It is 1800 watts on sear, which is more than enough.

Perhaps there is a problem...I'll see if it's too late to get a replacement

I never even had a chance. It's just one corner that doesn't get hot...I bought it at Williams Sonoma they are usually pretty good at replacing things. Hopefully get a chance to go next month. My parentskeep stealing it! First they took it to the restaurant a few times when they need it for special orders now they took it home to see if "they want to buy one." Don't think I'll be getting it back maybe I'll go buy a new one with hopefully a grill with no cold spots

I never even had a chance. It's just one corner that doesn't get hot...I bought it at Williams Sonoma they are usually pretty good at replacing things. Hopefully get a chance to go next month. My parentskeep stealing it! First they took it to the restaurant a few times when they need it for special orders now they took it home to see if "they want to buy one." Don't think I'll be getting it back maybe I'll go buy a new one with hopefully a grill with no cold spots

:) thanks, just curious.

I just got the Bobby flay cookbook boy meets grill....I know it's not a real grill and bobby flay would scoff but maybe I'll start experimenting

After reading through this thread, My wife put this grill on her Amazon wish list, or so she thought. This morning she ordered some parchment paper from Amazon. About an hour or so later, I was looking through my email and saw a purchase from Amazon for over $300. What the heck? How much parchment paper did she buy? I looked at the email and it was for one roll of parchment paper and one Breville grill. Hmmm...do I tell her? Was I supposed to see that? A Christmas present? I couldn't resist. I said "You ordered the grill". She looked it up on Amazon and uttered a few choice words and did the cancellation request. A few minutes later, another email. Too late to cancel, but we can refuse the shipment.

Now does anyone really think I could refuse the shipment when I know this grill is in the box? Is there anyway I can open it, look at it, and then send it back? I don't think so. I guess I am soon to be a proud owner of this grill!

Back
Top Bottom