Why your selected D.C. name?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Margi Cintrano

Washing Up
Good Morning,

I have so much going on in my journalism world, that I always like things that are easy to remember ... Thus, Margi is short for Margaux, my 1st name and Cintrano is my paternal surname, which I always use legally as on my Passports and my Residency Card etcetra, so impossible to forget ...

Most people do not call me Margi ( the Vet started this one ), they call me Margot with or without the Letter " t " or Marga ... In Spanish Margaux is NOT nice, it is MAR GAUS ! I have had to spell or pronounce my name all my life ... Mom Eva insisted on a French name as MARGHERITE was my paternal Grandmom and my maternal was MARGOT ... so, same name with a different spelling.

Have nice Sunday.
Margi. :chef::yum:

Last edited:
I answered this in my "getting to know" thread. Since I'm feeling a bit lazy this morning I'll paste what I replief there.

No reason and many reasons. :D Sometimes, my brain mashes some things together and spits them out and I'm amused by them. Then I get stuck on them.

That's what happened when I was choosing a facebook url to go with my account. I'd been at a D&D (Dungeons and Dragons) game when a player did something uncharacteristically moronic. Like, this guy usually had all the right answers and made all the right choices with his character and play. And then he did something that couldn't have been more wrong and didn't realize it until it was too late. We were baffled. He was baffled. Out of nowhere I blurted that it was the fault of the purple alien giraffes from outer space. Everyone agreed that it was the likeliest explanation. I was still stuck on purple alien giraffes when fb (Facebook) pestered me to create a url for my page so I went with that.

When I decided to join DC I figured if it was good enough for my fb page, it should work for this. I didn't think about it being really long until after I was writing my intro post. Plus, I didn't want to be a plant name like my dad and sis (dad is Chief Longwind but was Goodweed of the North at the time; sister is Sprout). I am the family oddball after all.

Thanks for the replies and interesting anecdotes ...

Have a lovely Sunday.
Margi. Cintrano.
My grandson was responsible for my name Ma at 1-1/2 he just couldn't wrap his tongue around gamma, so Ma it was.I added his name to it thus I'm kadesma.
kades

Kadesma,

This is a lovely name ! WOW ... Cadesma with a K ... Cool.

6 grandchildren ! Congrats. How old are they may I ask?

I have 2 grown gals Naia and Nathalia:

Naia is the mom of: Adyson age 4 1/2 and Daniel Jonah to be 2 yrs in December

Nathalia is the mom of twins Fillippo and Christophe age 5 and baby Anthony Luca aged 5 months

All born under Sagittarius in December as well ...

Have nice Sunday.
Margi.

My name is one of my many aliases...mom, mommy, grandma, sweetheart, darlin', honey, Mrs. H., Kate, K.T. (when I was modeling), and the list goes on.

Had another name I used when I worked sort of undercover and that name was Kari Banks. She no longer exists and that was many, many, many years ago.

There have been a few threads like this in the past but it is really good to do it again with so many new members! Thanks Margi, for the topic and for the interesting story!

Mine, unfortunately is very boring. LP are my first two initials, but also what many people call me. Beier is my married name.

I have also gone on other sites as Lydia Purple which is a play on my first two initials, my favourite colour, a name I would have named a daughter if I had one (Lydia), the name of a favourite 60's song and a character in the bible who was the seller of purple.

But for DC I went simple and to the point :).

I've had problems with a stalker so when I had to decide on a screen name (probably for joining DC) I made up Zhizara as sounding exotic, and unique enough not to need a number.

I use it exclusively as my screen name whenever I use one, and through constant use, especially here, I feel very comfortable with it. I even gave myself a middle and last name. Zhizara Zoe Zhizarazoz.

My avatar is not Zhizara, though. That's Joy the baby elephant. I fell in love with the look of joy on her face.

Zhizara, I have always loved your username. It is kind of lyrical and very unique - Like You (and I mean that in all the best ways!).

My first name is Kathy-Lee and I'm picky about the hyphen. My late husband called me Kayelle and my internet screen name has always been Kayelle because hyphenated first names won't work with most sites. I could have just used KL I guess, but I've always thought Kayelle was a pretty name, and unusual.

My pinup avitar is named Trixie........she's my alter ego. :innocent:

Last edited:
My Best Friend gave me my name. She called me an ogre once and when she started writing her Blog I morphed into PrincessFiona and DH became Shrek. We liked it. The 60 was added when I tried to create a new Yahoo ID and there were already so many PF's out there.

Shrek likes to be known as Boogie-Man, since he is a guitar man. But I like Shrek...so, that's us.

Zhizara: lovely story ... thanks for sharing it ...

LP: Lydia Purple ! Unfortunately I had not known many of the reasons for D.C. Name Selections, so I am so happy to read the adorable anecdotes and short stories. Yes, there are alot of new members since I joined after Christmas 2011.

Katie H. : Kari Banks, very NYC Model ... Thanks for your lovely anecdote ...

Thanks Ladies.
Margi.

I do income tax professionally, so Taxlady. It's my handle a lot of places on the internet and I have used it for a very long time.

Andy M.

My name is significant because it indicates my real identity. I am Dorothy's Auntie Em (Andy M.) from the Wizard of Oz.

Most people don't realize that the Wizard of Oz is a true story, fictionalized for the movie. The real Andy M. from the story was a man (me) but was turned into a female for the movie and the name was modified to accommodate the gender change.

The real story is about a young girl who was lost in a tornado in the dust bowl in the 30s. She was missing for some time and the family was beginning to think they would never see her again.

Many months later she reappeared as a changed person. Upon investigation, the police found she had actually run off to California and was making her way selling illegal substances to the Hollywood set.

Several months into this new endeavor she got tired of the wicked life she was leading and headed home. She arrived at the farm late one night and walked into Andy M.'s room and tried to awaken him, by calling out, "Andy M., Andy M.", while pulling his leg...

...just like I'm pulling yours right now.

Princess Fiona 60,

Thanks for sharing ... Guitar Man ? As in music band ? Does he do gigs ? Record ? Base or Lead ? What type of music ?

Cool.

Thanks and have nice Sunday.
Margi.

@ Kayelle,

Lovely choice and it is a pretty name ! The avatar actually reminds me of Ava Gardner, on first notice ...

Well chosen.

Thanks for sharing.
Margi.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom