What's cooking Wednesday April 25th 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jessica_Morris

Senior Cook
Its been chilly and windy for the last couple of days finally getting the spring that Georgia is use too. So today ill be making a big pot of chili. And hopefully we will have leftovers tomorrow with our hamburgers, hot dogs & french fries

I ended up with several cans of pink salmon so today I'll be making a creamed salmon and spinach dish I'm calling Salmon Alfredo Florentine Ala King.

I'll probably use only a half can of salmon and make salmon patties with the other half.

It is cold here--I'm by myself, and thinking maybe a grilled stuffed pork chop with a baked potato and some green beans or broccoli that are in the freezer (from last year's garden).

I came on to say I was making hot dogs and quick fettucine Alfredo (Bertolli's from a jar--pretty good stuff actually), but as soon as I saw "tuna casserole" I changed my mind. So we are having tuna casserole. :yum::mrgreen::yum:

i have beef loin in crock pot. coccus and a veggie or two. my granddaughter and her fellow are coming to stay for a couple of weeks. so will be cooking larger portions. and tuna casserole sounds great, definitely on the list.

Funny, Monday evening we had to go to a visitation, and friends asked us to dinner after. Tuna casserole. How can my husband, who was raised very Roman Catholic, have never had tuna casserole. I hated it when I was a kid, but this was pretty good, but then canned tuna is a lot better than when I was young! There are always questions. Why peas? Why potato chip crumbs (my friend didn't do that, she used bread crumbs)?

Tonight is going to be a vegetable stir-fry. A friend farms an acre or two and her asparagus is just coming in. So I have new asparagus. The only thing that would make it better is if my foraging friends would come up with morels, but I think it's been too dry a year for it!

Funny, Monday evening we had to go to a visitation, and friends asked us to dinner after. Tuna casserole. How can my husband, who was raised very Roman Catholic, have never had tuna casserole. I hated it when I was a kid, but this was pretty good, but then canned tuna is a lot better than when I was young! There are always questions. Why peas? Why potato chip crumbs (my friend didn't do that, she used bread crumbs)?

Tonight is going to be a vegetable stir-fry. A friend farms an acre or two and her asparagus is just coming in. So I have new asparagus. The only thing that would make it better is if my foraging friends would come up with morels, but I think it's been too dry a year for it!
We never had potato chip crumbs, but my mom used flake cereals such as Total. I do mine without either. I don't put peas in my tuna casserole (usually), but it does seem to be the best side vegetable with it. There are certain combinations of main dishes and sides that just go together.

For me some of them are:

Peas: tuna casserole, pork ribs with sauerkraut

Green beans: ham, pork chops, scalloped potatoes

Corn: spaghetti, enchiladas

Last edited:
i am preparins calamari rissoto with white vwine and lemon

and baking bread with feta cheese and ajvar (balkan red pepper spread)

Back
Top Bottom