What's in the pan, Sam? Dinner, Thurs. April 26th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well gang it will be either grilled cheese with sliced tomatoes in side with cottage cheese and pineapple salads or Polska Kielbasa grilled in butter with roasted potatoes, peas and mushrooms and a green salad for the garden with lots of herbs , red onion, avocado,and croutons. dessert haven't got that far yet but it will be something simple.I'm also thinking about making some macaroni salad.

kades

I'm by myself tonight since both my guys are in DC this week. I'm trying to decide if I just want to pick something up when I go out to the book store or make some grilled cheese and tomato soup.

I am fixing some little chuck steaks with mushrooms and will serve it with fettucini Alfredo and a vegetable (possibly broccoli). Flan for dessert. :yum::yum:

I think I'll be making Cottage Pies for dinner tonight.

What's your plan?

Steve has a meeting tonight so we ate early for a change.

These cottage pies turned out really tasty with beef tips, mushrooms and onion. For the top, I used a packet of the instant potato's that PF recommended from Costco, and really couldn't tell the difference from homemade! Thanks for the tip, PF!! :yum:

img_1132521_0_4353f2b43a766f19185e13783301874a.jpg

Kayelle said:
Steve has a meeting tonight so we ate early for a change.

These cottage pies turned out really tasty with beef tips, mushrooms and onion. For the top, I used a packet of the instant potato's that PF recommended from Costco, and really couldn't tell the difference from homemade! Thanks for the tip, PF!! :yum:

That looks and sounds so good, Kayelle! Please remind me, what brand of CC potatoes did PF recommend? The CC brand?

That looks and sounds so good, Kayelle! Please remind me, what brand of CC potatoes did PF recommend? The CC brand?

They come in a box of twelve packets (6 servings per pack) at Costco. I used half a pack for the two pies.
The brand name is Nana's Own and you add milk, butter, water and salt.
Unless I'm cooking for a crowd, I'll never bother with homemade mashed potatoes again! By the way, they have no additives, no preservatives, are gluten free 100% potatoes. ;)

Good idea with the instant spuds, Kayelle.

I had this earlier, a snapper stir-fry over jasmine rice, so of course I am still hungry :rolleyes:

Attachments

• snapper stir-fry.jpg
    snapper stir-fry.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 136
Mmmmm. Cauliflower! Looks great, Pac!

Leftover tuna casserole here.

Last edited:
I made a small bowl of potato salad with celery, onion and chopped jalapeno, no eggs. Love egg salad or cold boiled eggs, but not in my potato salad. I'll eat yours anyway, if that's how it's served. Grilled burgers, and just pop 'em in your mouth grape tomatoes along side and a thick slice of pineapple.

mmm, cauliflower :yum:

I like cauliflower in stir-fry. It gives it some crunch ;)

Spicy Corn Chowder. I was scanning magazine recipes today and came across a recipe for this in the Gusto, Easter 1997 issue and had 99% of the ingredients in the freezer/house (being in the process of moving, I've moved some of the stuff in the pantry). Basically I used frozen corn (from the garden), veggie stock (homemade), the last of the white potatoes (5 smallish ones), some dehydrated tomatoes, chilpolte chili powder (which I sauteed with minced fresh garlic and onion before I added the frozen corn), 1/2 of a frozen hot pepper (don't remember the kind), the leftover grilled pork chop from last night (diced), a couple of drops of liquid smoke, a fresh bay leaf, parsley, garlic, onion, and about 1/2 cup of whole milk. Before I added the milk, I used the immersion blender on about 1.5 c of the soup and added that back in, simmered the soup on low for about another 10 minutes. I didn't have carrots or leeks, I used marsala instead of white wine. I can't find the recipe on line. I can PM it if s/one wants it. It was very nice.

Back
Top Bottom