My Ashley is gone.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
I'm limp and I've been crying even though I tried not to. When I went to feed my furry children this morning, my beautiful blue-eyed Ashley was cold dead on the floor. I don't know what happened. He just died.

I'm crushed and I can't stop crying. He's been my baby for 17 years and I can't imagine beginning my day without his sweet "meow."

He helped me get through Buck's death and was my comforter and sleeping companion during our awful ice storm three years ago. There'll never be another like him.

At least I'll still be able to see him every time I log onto DC and when I open my computer. He's my desktop picture.

Sleep well, Blue. I'm going to miss you.

Attachments

• Ashley.jpg
    Ashley.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
I'm so sorry Katie for the loss of your baby, pets are big part of family :(

So sorry for your loss, Katie. Our pets mean so much to us. It's always tragic when they leave us.

Dear Katie H.,

Firstly, my deepest condolences are extended to you and your family. I understand perfectly as I too, had two British Shorthairs, both who died at the age of 22 years old and for almost 4 months, I was distraught.

So sorry and if you need a shoulder to cry on, please send me a PM.

He was a beautiful feline.

Now perhaps you can understand, when I had said, No More 4 Legged Children. I grew up with two kit kats, one Himalayan and one British Shorthair and two of our own, ( a pair of Brit Shorthairs ) while the gals were young teens. So, after four times, I just cannot emotionally.

Kind Regards.
Margi. Cintrano.

Last edited:
So sorry for your loss. It's always difficult to lose a treasured friend, especially so unexpectedly. It sounds like Ashley had a long, happy life, and that's the best way to remember him.

Katie,

I'm so sorry to hear about Ashley. You've had a special boy for 17 years. It's hard losing one of our furry kids like that.

We all understand your loss. Hoping in time the grief will pass.

Munky.

So sorry, Katie. Our kitties are so much an extension of ourselves. My thoughts are with you!

(((Hugs, Katie)))

My sincerest condolences. You've got me in tears. Just like losing any other family member, it's awful and sad, but will eventually get better.

At least the other furry children know and understand what happened. I can't imagine what it must be like for them when we take one of them away to the vet and that one just never comes back.

So sorry that you lost such a beautiful friend.

Losing animal family is still losing family. My condolences as well. Only time heals emotional wounds. I said after I had to have my big beloved calicoat Buttons put to sleep I wouldn't have any more cats, but one came into my life from a nearby fire and he needed me. I took him to the vet, & he's been the most loyal & loving cat I've ever had. Don't give up on animals like I did. I almost missed the most wonderful blessing. There will be another sweet meow someday for you to love in honor of your Ashley.

Oh Katie, I'm so so sorry! I know how much you two loved one another. Losing your furry baby is so hard.

I'm so sorry Katie. It is always so hard to lose one of our babies, especially when they have been such a big part of our lives for so long. Ashley was a beautiful baby! When I pet my kitties today it will remind me to say a little prayer for your peace and comfort. :flowers:

I'm limp and I've been crying even though I tried not to. When I went to feed my furry children this morning, my beautiful blue-eyed Ashley was cold dead on the floor. I don't know what happened. He just died.

I'm crushed and I can't stop crying. He's been my baby for 17 years and I can't imagine beginning my day without his sweet "meow."

He helped me get through Buck's death and was my comforter and sleeping companion during our awful ice storm three years ago. There'll never be another like him.

At least I'll still be able to see him every time I log onto DC and when I open my computer. He's my desktop picture.

Sleep well, Blue. I'm going to miss you.
I'm sorry to hear of your loss, Katie. My thoughts are with you. I know how I would feel if my Lucy passed.

Ah, I am so sorry. We become so attached to our pets; they became part of the family. I think I cried for 2 years after my last dog was gone, the third one in my life, I told my wife – no more. Cannot handle loosing a friend anymore. Again I am so sorry.

Oh, Katie, I am so sorry for your loss. I know how much you and Ashley meant to each other - a very special bond. I remember your posts about how your furbabies comforted you through Buck's passing and the ice storm that followed as well as other trials.

{{{{{{{{{{Katie}}}}}}}}}}

Back
Top Bottom