List the Classics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
if we're talkn' sammiches:

sausage and peppers
meatball parm
cuban
hot open-faced turkey
roast pork, broccoli rabe, and provolone
french dip
philly cheesesteak (and it's nyc counterpart, the balboa. it's a cheesesteak with raw onions, american cheese, on garlic bread)

another nyc classic, a giacomo. roast beef griddled with onions in butter, then gravy is added, then swiss cheese is melted on top, all slid on a toasted hero roll.

an italian sub (hot cappicola, pepperoni, salami, provolone, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, oregano, oil and vinegar on italian bread.

prosciutto, roasted red peppers, fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, balsamic vinegar, evoo, on french bread.

Last edited:
In between the time I blinked and signed in Aunt Bea wrote 2 I was thinking....Grilled cheese & Kentucky Hot Brown.

Gotta learn to type faster or put another nickel to speed up the internet.

PB & J
Chili Dog
Cheeseburger Cheeseburger Pepsi Pepsi
Hot Meatball Sub

What's a Kentucky Hot Brown? Food lovers want to know.:yum:

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

It is from a Louisville hotel, The Brown, established in the 20's. It is open face, toasted bread with turkey, tomato, bacon and mornay sauce, run under the broiler for a few minutes. In the spring I swap out the tomato and use asparagus tips.

It is from a Louisville hotel, The Brown, established in the 20's. It is open face, toasted bread with turkey, tomato, bacon and mornay sauce, run under the broiler for a few minutes. In the spring I swap out the tomato and use asparagus tips.

Sounds like a classic to me. Yum.

Anybody know how to make a classic po-boy?

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Tuna Salad on Whole Wheat
Baloney on White with Mayo
PNB&J
PNB& Banana (thank yuh verra much)

And Bacon :pig:

Sloppy Joe

Patty Melt

Sliders

Bahn Mi (sp)

Chow Mein on a hamburger bun (Nathan's, N.Y.)

Croque Monsieur (French ham & cheese)

Peanut Butter and Banana
Peanut Butter and Fluff
Good ole Ham n' Cheese
Turkey and Swiss
Club Sandwich( A Triple Decker dinner wrecker)
Dagwood

boiled yukon golds sliced super thin a good sized focaccia cut in 8 pieces mix the tuna oil packed and drained several cloves of garlic and mayo in f/p pulsed til it's smooth spread this on the focaccia pieces top with the potato now top slices with slices of hard cooked eggs, salt and pepper and top everything with greens of choice, I like thin sliced purple cabbage. and top with 4 of the focaccia pieces to finish off the sandwich.
kades

Iowa, home of the Maid-rite! (Roseanne's loose meat sandwich was based on this)
Quesadillas
Gyros (with tsatzki, please)
Muffaletas

Last edited:
I miss Howard Johnson's Tendersweet Fried Clam Sandwiches on a toasted roll (& their chicken ((or was it tuna?)) croquettes, mac 'n cheese, & a hot fudge sundae.)

Fried green tomato sandwiches (with bacon & mayonnaise)

Fried bologna sandwiches

Cream cheese & jelly sandwiches

Cream cheese on date/nut bread or raisin bread

Chopped liver & red onion on rye bread

I'm hungry! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom