Yay It's May! What's Going on Your Table for Tuesday May 1st?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
It is strange to be here on a Tuesday morning - our "mid-term break" from pain clinic.

So, rather than throwing something in a crock pot I am going to try my hand at creating a new fish/seafood dish that doesn't contain gluten, dairy or soy, and has a texture that I can get down my throat with ease.

One idea is to try and recreate the battered deep fried salmon we had at a local fish and chips restaurant a few weeks ago. The struggle with this is that my gluten free fish batter is fairly thin and I don't want to dry out the salmon.

What are you planning for the first of May? :)

Going to try something new - JFC (not KFC) - Japanese fried chicken, rice, & a salad with spinach, mushrooms, mangos, & red onion.

Off to a condo board meeting tonight so I'm having leftover pork tenderloin and curried rice from last night.

Cerise said:
Going to try something new - JFC (not KFC) - Japanese fried chicken, rice, & a salad with spinach, mushrooms, mangos, & red onion.

Sounds interesting. :)

Oh, Cerise, do you have a recipe for your chicken? Love the salad combo too!

Well decided on GF tempura made with prawns, salmon chunks and a bunch of veggies!

Grilling out: cheeseburgers, dilled potato salad, maybe some glazed sugar snap peas, & I'll post dessert later as I have yet to decide, but something lemony seems the way to go today since it just surpassed 80° F here. We shall see.

Aw shucks... I was going to start this thread with "Hurray Hurray its the 1st of May, outdoor....cooking starts today!" ;)

I'm working tonight so dinner will be chicken drumsticks and thighs that the family will have to shake n bake themselves!

Trying to decide if it's chicken or ham. Probably the ham since it will keep better for DH when he gets home from teaching.

Taco Tuesday! Except tonight it's Korean tacos and kimchi, there's a new Fusion takeout place in town.

Oh, Cerise, do you have a recipe for your chicken? Love the salad combo too!

Well decided on GF tempura made with prawns, salmon chunks and a bunch of veggies!

Tempura prawns! Yummy!!!

I found a few recipes on line, but I'll start w/ this one from SE, and build (use soy sauce instead of saki, & add some garlic):

Cook the Book: Chicken Kara-age, AKA Japanese Fried Chicken | Serious Eats : Recipes

I usually make the salad with mandarin oranges, but notiiced the store has small mangos.

Pork medallions, homemade baked beans, steamed broccoli and cauliflower, and fresh strawberries for dessert (unless the DH ate them this afternoon while I wasn't looking).

Pork chops, potatoes and broccoli. The only item I know how I am cooking right now is the broccoli. I'm leaning towards firing up the grill though for the chops and spuds.

Pork chops, potatoes and broccoli. The only item I know how I am cooking right now is the broccoli. I'm leaning towards firing up the grill though for the chops and spuds.
Pac! You're back! The grill sounds like a good choice - we are in the market for a new one so all grilling is done inside unfortunately!

Did Kathleen break into your account and post this?

We had a chicken tagine for dinner tonight too...:cool:
Just seemed like the thing to do! :yum:

Sorry for the slightly blurry pic:

img_1134158_0_d6f592289298f85dc74b915e79e75a12.jpg

Back
Top Bottom