Sunday Roast 06 May 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FrankZ

Site Team
Staff member
Today I am doing a Sunday roast. I bought a standing rib roast before Easter as they were on sale and froze it.

It is now in the oven and I am using the "no peek" method.

I will make some Yorkshire pudding with it and some artichokes.

What's your dinner (Sunday roast) today?

MA'S Sunday today will be pork tenderloin with a tart cherry sauce, eggplant casserole, Andy's mom's rice pilaf, green salad with lettuce from our garden, avocado,thin sliced sweet onion, tomato, home made bread crutons, biscuits, dessert is black and white brownies, firsts will be a salami,prociutto, cheese and cracker tray with a tray of cherry tomatoes, broccoli,celery oilives,bowl of nuts spiced with cayenne, evoo, salt and pepper,garlic powder and onion powder. that's it. Happy Sunday,
kades;)

I have some country style ribs I just rubbed with a new dry rub. The will be smoked this evening for dinner with string beans and some starch or other haven't chosen yet.

Stirling (DH) is off to Calgary for four days, so I can eat all the weird stuff he doesn't like. Hmm, I'll have to see what I have in the freezer.

I should buy some Brussels sprouts. The smell should be gone by Thursday. :LOL:

Last edited:
Stirling (DH) is off to Calgary for four days, so I can eat all the weird stuff he doesn't like. Hmm, I'll have to see what I have in the freezer.

Just throw open the windows and grab a sweater. Enjoy the sprouts, Hey I wonder if there is much smell if you roast them?
kades

They have that effect on me to Tax,I just blame the dog.:)

They have that effect on me to Tax,I just blame the dog.:)
No, no, no! :LOL:

It's the smell of the sprouts. When Stirling was a kid, his grandparents had a farm. For some reason or other an entire field of Brussels sprouts was on fire. Ever since then, he gets nauseous at the smell of them cooking. I'm pretty sure that roasting them would do it to him too.

It isn’t cold out, just wet and schloggy. I pulled some beef from the freezer last night to thaw and I have enough veggies to make Stew – taters, carrots, onion peas and green beans + some herbs. I was being so good lately not to make dishes that create more leftovers than I can eat. Fortunately I like stew, and it’s usually better warmed up the next day . Funny, I don’t mind that there is leftover Rhubarb Pie from yesterday o rthat it will be a repeat from breakfast. ;):LOL:

Wow, how'd you know, Frank?

I took a large beef roast out of the freezer yesterday so I could put it into the crock-pot with some onions, carrots and celery. Of course, there are lots of tasty herbs and spices, too, along with a little tomato paste, beef stock and wine. Will probably add some mashed or oven-roasted potatoes. There's still a little of the bourbon-lemon bundt cake left for dessert.

I wanted to make lots because we have to be on the road for a doctor's appointment 300+ miles away in Louisville tomorrow and I am pretty certain we'll be a little too bushed to think of cooking dinner tomorrow when we return home. Besides, leftover roast beef is the bomb.

Going to make spicy fried shrimp in a Asian fusion sauce of soy, ginger, sweet chili paste, garlic and hot dried peppers. To go along side a light salad with ginger dressing. Possibly a beer or two, then calling it a night.

The "Warning about Chicken" thread spiked a craving so I am having Healthy Fried Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Simi-Healthy Milk Gravy, and Steamed Broccoli. Mandarin Oranges in Orange Jello for dessert.

Little L/O kielbasa from last night, diced up and thrown into mac n cheese with some steamed broccoli, covered with Italian herb Panko bread crumbs....side salad and parmesan crusts of bread...mmm mmm mmm
Easy to make L/O's sound beautiful! Happy Sunday:yum:

I'm doing something with chicken. I need to be figuring it out soon I guess. Suppose I'll go browse the pantry to see what I can throw together.

DH went whitewater kayaking today and wanted a hearty dinner for after. I'm making meatloaf with mashed potatoes and gravy and a green salad.

I threw together a casserole. I took the chicken and browned it up in some bacon grease. Added cream cheese, cream of chicken and cream of onion soup (I was out of real onions), dijon mustard and some milk. Stirred in some frozen mixed veggies and angel hair egg noodles. Poured it in a baking dish and topped it with some cheddar and parmesan cheese and crushed chips. It's baking now. I hope it comes out okay. The sauce tasted pretty good before baking.

The "Warning about Chicken" thread spiked a craving so I am having Healthy Fried Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Simi-Healthy Milk Gravy, and Steamed Broccoli. Mandarin Oranges in Orange Jello for dessert.

Not as healthy as I had planned, but you can't eat healthy everyday. It sure was tasty.:yum::yum::yum:

View attachment 13659

Last edited:
Just got home from a long road trip to visit with DH's family. Made some nice potato soup with lots of chives and chive blossoms.

Back
Top Bottom