What's for Dinner? Fri 11th of May 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WOW Snip! I can't imagine dinner this morning! All I can plan right now is COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE!:wacko:(but thanks for the meal idea!)

Right! But for me here in Bama, it's 6am! This is what I love about this site! It's so cool to know that you are over there in the middle of your day planning dinner, and I am here in the US drowning myself in my morning coffee! I hope the rest of your day is fantastic!:flowers:

Last edited:
It's "I have to use up the rhubarb" night. I've got rhubarb savory won tons, cucumber and rhubarb salad (thanks, TL), rhubarb-chickpea-swiss chard curry, and rhubarb ice cream on the menu, with rhubarb homemade rhubarb wine (mixed with seltzer, it's okay). That gets rid of the rhubarb harvest for this week. I'll try and take a pic or two.

Ah Snip is back.

Tonight I'm working so I'm leaving a big container of veggies and dip, and one of cut up fruit. There are pizzas in the freezer, or pork chops, sea bass, chicken breasts or steak for them to decide on. I've done my bit.

As for me, well, hummus and pita or chips is going to be my big meal of the day. I'm going to sample both the fruit and veggie platters too!

Quasi repeat from yesterday-- leftover scalloped taters, saurkraut. I cut off a new hunk of kielbasa and a new pitcher of ice tea. It's like someone else did all my planning.

It's "I have to use up the rhubarb" night. I've got rhubarb savory won tons, cucumber and rhubarb salad (thanks, TL), rhubarb-chickpea-swiss chard curry, and rhubarb ice cream on the menu, with rhubarb homemade rhubarb wine (mixed with seltzer, it's okay).

You have a pretty decent repertoire of rhubarb recipes and a good imagination how to use. I have one very productive plant. That’s ok. I’m the only one in my family who eats rhubarb.
Have you ever looked at the Rhubarb Compendium? It has loads of recipes and info.
http://www.rhubarbinfo.com/

The first local asparagus of the season steamed with milk, butter and plenty of pepper.

The peanut butter cookies are gone! :ermm::ohmy::(

Whiskadoodle said:
You have a pretty decent repertoire of rhubarb recipes and a good imagination how to use. I have one very productive plant. That’s ok. I’m the only one in my family who eats rhubarb.
Have you ever looked at the Rhubarb Compendium? It has loads of recipes and info.
http://www.rhubarbinfo.com/

Nice site, WD! Thanks!

DH and I both had business lunches today, and are so not hungry yet. We have leftovers to nibble on later.

ya know, even though asparagus can be so tender and lovable in the moment, at four dollars per pound, i'll more likely cook up a pot of fresh green beans, or summer squash instead...or peas or corn or lima beans, or baby carrots, or.....

It's "I have to use up the rhubarb" night. I've got rhubarb savory won tons, cucumber and rhubarb salad (thanks, TL), rhubarb-chickpea-swiss chard curry, and rhubarb ice cream on the menu, with rhubarb homemade rhubarb wine (mixed with seltzer, it's okay). That gets rid of the rhubarb harvest for this week. I'll try and take a pic or two.
The rhubarb ice cream is a definite "OMG, is this good" ice cream. This time, I made the won tons without cheese, added walnuts, more garlic, left out the ginger and vodka, added a habernaro pepper for heat and the smoky paprika. Definitely not the way one usually eats rhubarb--also very good. Everything was good.

Attachments

• Rhubarb_cws_01. jpg.jpg
    Rhubarb_cws_01. jpg.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 176
  • Rhubarb_cws_02.jpg.jpg
    Rhubarb_cws_02.jpg.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 174
  • Rhubarb_cws_03.jpg.jpg
    Rhubarb_cws_03.jpg.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 181
Back
Top Bottom