Non-alcoholic and alcoholic punch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

inchrisin

Senior Cook
I'm looking for a recipe for a fruit punch to serve at a party this weekend. I want it to be non alcoholic. I've got some under age people showing up. I've also got people over 21 who might want some rum or other booze in it. I'm looking for the best of both worlds. Anyone have a good party drink that everyone can enjoy?

This will serve 40 Make and freeze in a mold. In a large sauce pan dissolve 3 cups sugar in 6 cups water.Add 2- 6 oz cans orange juice concentrate and1-6oz can lemon juice, 1-46 oz can unsweetened pineapple juice . Place 4 bananas in a blender or food processor add a small amount of the juices and blend wellAdd this to the juice mix stir, blend well pour this into a 16oz ring mold and freeze. To serve un-mold and place into a large punch bowl Pour over some prosseco or sparkling wine of choice. Even ginger ale if good. This is an old time recipe my folk used at one time.
.kadesma

Not exactly punch but this was a hit at the last BBQ I went too.

Set out different flavors of Torani syrups and some bottles of sparkling mineral water. You can mix and match to make your own Italian sodas.
You can set out a bottle of Vodka and Gin for those who want higher octane. The best part is you can make them alot less sweet than a normal soda and they have some sugar free ones too. Plain Mineral water is good too. The lemon and blackberry were big hits as well as blood orange.

For punch, I recommend gin over vodka. Not nearly the aftertaste that vodka has.

I'm leaning towards rum. So far I'm using Hawaiian Punch, Sprite, and rainbow sherbet. I'm not sure in what quantities yet.

inchrisin said:
I'm leaning towards rum. So far I'm using Hawaiian Punch, Sprite, and rainbow sherbet. I'm not sure in what quantities yet.

Hmm. Maybe some crushed mint leaves, limeaide, and lime sherbet for a mojito-style.

Whatever way you go, taste it till you like it. Probably equal parts of each mixer, a pint of sherbet. Rum a cup at a time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom