It's Caturday! What's fur dinner? May 19, 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
We went to a grad open house and had some of the best pulled pork I've tasted in ages, from our local Fairway! Potato salad was pretty good too!

What are you having today?

Last edited:
Making tuna salad.

Attachments

• cheetahs-hear-can-opener.jpg
    cheetahs-hear-can-opener.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 152
I grilled burgers and corn on the cob for dinner. Cole Slaw and Macaroni salad on the side.

Too tired to cook--had a hothouse tomato sandwich on homemade wholewheat bread (toasted) with homemade mayo, chocolate ice cream. And now, I'm on my 2nd glass of red--can hardly keep my eyes open.

I have Israeli couscous with onions, garlic, zucchini and summer squash simmering on the stove; I'm also going to add some garden-fresh peas to the mix. In a little while, I'll cook the shrimp I didn't get to last night. Probably on the grill pan with some balsamic glaze.

Some Think everyday is Caturday and expected to be waited on hand and foot. They were yowly early, so I gave 'em their dinner and now they've had an after dinner washup and are asleep on the couch. :cat::cat:

I am having a small strip steak and a bigger lettuce salad with sliced cukes, tomatoes, carrot, radish and Home made blue cheese dressing. :cat: Meow says me too:LOL:

Tuna Salad Sandwich on Whole Wheat Bread. Diced Peaches on the side.

My dinner is on the grill right now in a DO. Only because I didn't want to turn on the oven. It's a one potter, I started some bacon and onion in a DO on the stove with a little olive oil, then put in some cut potatoes, carrots, garlic, a little chicken broth and some beer. It's steaming away right now. I'll add some smoked and regular kielbasi here shorty to finish things off.

We're having salmon with a sauce of orange juice, ginger, soy sauce, Dijon mustard and dark sesame oil. Brown rice on the side.

Not for everyone, but "Oh so good" ;)

Attachments

• DO dinner1.jpg
    DO dinner1.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 142
  • DO dinner2.jpg
    DO dinner2.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 143
Grilled steak, steamed corn on the cob, potatoes, onion and garlic in foil packet done on grill and green salad. Having a glass of Chardonnay at the moment ;-)

I had a bowl of fresh fruit (that DH chopped up really fine for me) for "brunch", some cauliflower steamed to soft but not mushy and drenched in Swiss Chalet sauce for lunch and a berry banana (non dairy) smoothie for dinner.

Will be happy when my throat allows me to swallow normal food and I don't have to stay away from dairy (and anything with calcium), iron rich items and won't have to drown myself in water to stay hydrated. :wacko:

On the plus side, I am losing weight! :rolleyes:

Thanks Fi, Laurie.
Here it is all ready to be plated up. A brownie would have really hit the spot afterwards :yum:

Attachments

• DO dinner3.jpg
    DO dinner3.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 153
Back
Top Bottom