Saturday JEOPARDY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Saturday JEOPARDY
Highlight between the brackets to see the "question"........
JEOPARDY- HOLIDAYS & OBSERVANCES
1. ($400)- On the 2nd Saturday in May this country observes National Windmill Day ....
[ what is the Netherlands (acceptable; Holland) ? ]
2. ($1200)- Public law 99-54 recognizes “pause for the pledge” as part of this holiday...
[ what is Flag day ? ]
3. ($2000)- This Jewish holiday begun in 165 B.C. celebrates the purification of the temple of Jerusalem ...
[ what is Hanukah ? ]
Double JEOPARDY- ACTORS & THEIR ROLES
4.($800)- G. Depardieu was named best actor at Cannes for playing this swordsman; you might say he won by a nose ...
[ What is Cyrano De Bergerac ? ]
5. ($2400)- Errol Flynn's last film with this frequent leading lady was “They Died With Their Boots On”...
[ who is Olivia de Havilland ? ]
6. ($4000)- 2-time Oscar winner who made her feature film debut in “Julia” & played Woody Allen's ex in “Manhattan”...
[ who is Meryl Streep ? ]
Final JEOPARDY- THE CALENDAR
This month was formerly called Quintilis ...
[ What is July ? ]

I missed Final Jeopardy!
Did you guess May, as I did, forgetting that the months were adjusted when the calendar was changed? If I had remembered that OCTOber (8), NOVember (9), and DECember (10) had been moved up two places and are now the 10th, 11th, and 12th months, I might have remembered.

Did you guess May, as I did, forgetting that the months were adjusted when the calendar was changed? If I had remembered that OCTOber (8), NOVember (9), and DECember (10) had been moved up two places and are now the 10th, 11th, and 12th months, I might have remembered.

Exactly what happened...:angel:

Back
Top Bottom