So What's Cooking Wednesday, May 30, 2012?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jessica_Morris

Senior Cook
Tonight we will be having Hamburgers & Hotdogs Covered in some home-made Chili. We will also have some Chili Cheese Fries YUMMY! Then we will share what is left of our strawberry pie (unfortunately only one piece left so guess we will be fighting over who gets the most)

Tonight we will be having Hamburgers & Hotdogs Covered in some home-made Chili. We will also have some Chili Cheese Fries YUMMY! Then we will share what is left of our strawberry pie (unfortunately only one piece left so guess we will be fighting over who gets the most)

With you on the chili, but mine will be very, very spicy! So, I will be the only one having it on my hotdogs!:angel:

I'll be cooking up a couple of pounds of BACON. Some of it will go for BLTs for tonight's dinner.

Corned beef and cabbage, done how I usually do, but without potatoes. It will still have the corned beef (duh!), carrots, onions, and cabbage.

For my husband's birthday today, we're having peppercorn-crusted Angus filet mignon, roasted spiced potatoes, and parmesan greens beans. Mexican Chocolate Icebox Cake for dessert.

Leftovers! DH is eating lasagna, I had some for lunch, so will peruse the fridge.

pounded pork chops without bone, dipped into whisked egg, Dijon,fresh lemon juice, salt,pepper then dip the chop into panko and parmeasan fry in peanut oil serve with a cubed watermelon and tomato salad mixed with baby arugula,parsley, some orzo cooked with chicken broth diced onion,garlic,sauted mushrooms. Homemade yeast rolls. brownies and ice cream for dessert.
kades

spaghetti for us. Had some ham leftover so ran through my mini chopper and added it ti the sauce along with ground beef.

I tried an experiment. I used the seasoning and marinade for cumin beef on some huge, bone in pork chops. I won't be putting potato flour in the marinade another time. It made the marinade a paste and it made it hard to brown the pork chops. The seasoning (coarsely ground cumin, fresh green chilies, chili flakes, minced ginger, and minced garlic, all sautéed 'til fragrant and then added some chopped scallion greens) was delicious, but it wasn't really quite right with pork chops. It didn't stick to the meat.

It was delicious, but I will use strips of meat another time.

We had that with a salad of romaine lettuce, celery, napa cabbage, and very thinly sliced red onion with a homemade vinaigrette (EVOO, cider vinegar, garlic, salt, Dijon mustard, freshly ground black pepper). The salad was just the thing to take the heat out of our mouths.

An interesting experiment and it tasted good, but I won't bother doing it again.

i was called into work early tonight, so dinner is cheapo, really unhealthy for you but delicious, chinese takeout.

deep fried bbq rib tips, veggie fried rice, and broccoli in garlic sauce. :pig:

Leftover rotisseried chicken. Ate half the other day, ate the other half cold for dinner, with Ranch Style beans and fresh coleslaw, home made dressing. Sadie, my red heeler, got about half the chicken, both meals, and cleaned up the bean gravy.

2" thick rib steak cooked for about 12 minutes each side on a Farberware open hearth electric grill.

I have one of those...the grill, I mean. I don't grill much on it, but I use the rotisserie for chicken, duck, prime rib, pork loin...works like a charm. Still find them, complete, in thrift stores here, for under $10. I'm thinking about snagging a second one to convert the rotisserie to fit my little Weber portable table top charcoal grill.

Last edited:
Little slow on the uptake here but we pressed our new grill into service last night and were really impressed.

I slathered a huge piece of fresh salmon (about a pound and a half) with some Dijon mustard, then sprinkled brown sugar fairly liberally over the mustard. We put the salmon on a soaked cedar plank and cooked it to flaking perfection. Oh, yum!! We'll do this again.

Along with the salmon, we had nearly the last of the holiday potato salad and a fresh garden salad and iced tea. Vanilla ice cream drizzled with amaretto and topped with sliced almonds finished our meal.

Back
Top Bottom