Thursday, May 31st

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
Am I the first person to think of dinner today? I have some chicken breasts I cooked over the coals after making ribs on Monday. Someone gave me a bottle of a very hearty garlic sauce that I used for a marinade. So they are cold, cooked, and ready to go. My garden is full of spinach that is ready to bolt and I want to use it. There is harrisa in the freezer. Soo.... I'm thinking couscous and a meal with a Med feel to it. Oh, yes. A few weeks ago we went on one of our road trips for cheese and have several types of lovely goat cheese!

We are having pork chops, cottage cheese, fresh tomatoes, and green beans. Probably a little French vanilla ice cream sprinkled with chia seeds for dessert. :yum::yum:

Too hot to cook...

Crab Cobb Salad
(Mixed greens, crabmeat, cherry tomatoes, bacon, avocado, hard-boiled eggs, blue cheese crumbles.)
Strawberries

I'm falling back on one of my pigskin challenges, St Louis I think, and cooking a pork steak on the grill. I'll season it, sear it, then braise it in BBQ sauce and beer. I'll grill an onion and some smashed redskin potatoes to go along.

If I ever make it to the farm tonight, there's roast chicken, swiss chard, and a garden salad waiting for me. And no, that is not one of my chickens.

I'm falling back on one of my pigskin challenges, St Louis I think, and cooking a pork steak on the grill. I'll season it, sear it, then braise it in BBQ sauce and beer. I'll grill an onion and some smashed redskin potatoes to go along.

That port steak treatment sounds delicious! I never thought of braising a tough cut in BBQ sauce.

I'm having a grilled burger topped with bacon and A-1 sauce, along with a green salad. DH is out of town till tomorrow.

Getting PopEyes take out for just the guys at our house tonight. PARTYTIME....what were they thinking?

Last edited:
Whoo-eee, this week is going by fast! I pan seared boneless pork chops with chopped onion, garlic, ginger root, snipped rosemary and black pepper. After cooking, I usually take the pan off the heat and cover it. For some reason, the chops continue to give off more juice than settles back in. Today I juiced an orange and poured that in with the pan juices while it rested. This turned out really good. Served with mash potatoes and corn. Ice tea.

Lemon-pepper grilled bone-in chicken breasts, broc and cheese rice, and some knock-off cheddar bay biscuits that are sooooo close to the real thing, I could eat them by themselves as a meal. Granted, I use at least 3 times the amount of butter to baste em, but butter makes everything better!

Split a sub sammie from Casey's. Really good, and cheaper than Subway!

Our local Greek Orthodox Church is having their annual festival. Tonight was the first night so the kids and I went there for dinner. I had chicken souvlaki, rice pilaf, Grecian beans, tiropita and loukoumades. Bought some baklava to bring home. It was really good.

Thanks GG. It's my new favorite way to cook pork steak now. Better than grilled chops. :)

Attachments

• grilled pork steak.jpg
    grilled pork steak.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 149

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom