Munch Munch A Bunch-- What's cooking Saturday June 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whiskadoodle

Executive Chef
Is everyone just snacking the day away. Is anyone having dinner, or is it just a pick me up on the fly? It seems a wee bit late for this thread, but here you are.

I'm having warmed up baked bean and pork casserole and a vinagery salad. I might walk up to the store later for container of ice cream. I haven't been off the property all day.

I ended up caramelizing some onions and garlic in butter. Cooked up some fresh ground burgers in the leftover butter, served on buns with the onions and some guacamole. Potato salad on the side. I was only able to eat half the burger.

I forgot, later we have caramel apple personal pies to eat.

Last edited:
We're having shrimp in a garlic/butter/white wine sauce with brown rice and a green vegetable. Mexican Chocolate Icebox Cake for dessert.

Chili! Ground up my .94 lb of chuck that DH brought home yesterday with my new meat grinder, worked great! Had some beautiful multicolor baby bell peppers, aged celery, and expired Rotel, along with numerous cans of beans and other stuff. Turned out really good, DH is on his second bowl.

We are eating a little late, which is pretty much the norm for us (something I want to change though), so ours is cooking right now. I sprinkled chicken drumsticks with Grillmates Montreal Chicken Seasoning and they are in the oven now. We will have a couple vegetables with it (whatever frozen vegetables are already open, probably broccoli and lima beans). I have some raspberries thawing and will blend them with a little sugar, some plain Greek yogurt, and some chia seeds for dessert. :yum:

I wanted to make a posh nosh in honor of the Queen but, I ran out of dosh, so it was leftover pizza and a dish of strawberries from Joisey! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Four ounces (dry) each or Barilla thin spaghetti with a tomato and venison / pork meatball sauce. Leafy green mixed salad and red sweet peppers with sliced hard boiled eggs. Couvee rouge. Tapioca pudding with heavy cream.

Four ounces (dry) each or Barilla thin spaghetti with a tomato and venison / pork meatball sauce. Leafy green mixed salad and red sweet peppers with sliced hard boiled eggs. Couvee rouge. Tapioca pudding with heavy cream.
Tapioca pudding gets such a bad rap on TV sit-coms! We LOVE tapioca pudding!!!

Whipped up some mix veggies with onions, herbs and baked marinaded tofu (Thanks Y'all) in a veggie broth with some rice noddles throw in.
:yum:
I do believe it was both low in calories and cholesterol. Anyway I hope so.:)

Last edited:
This is cook ahead day! We've made Cuban chicken corn pie, chicken and andouille gumbo and homemade white corn tortillas. The first two are for dinners next week and the tortillas are for tonight. The condiments are, guac, pickled red onions and pico de gallo. Some chicken and Mexican chorizo are the fillings.

I've had a ribeye dry brining for several hours now I should get around to doing something with. I also bought two small lobster tails today that I will be tossing on the grill with the ribeye. Broccoli and a spud will round things out.

I did a pork and rice dish that mom used to make for me. I love it, Ken tolerates it. LOL. I ate way too much and now I'm trying to digest it all. Oof.

Got some more Copper River Salmon today, so it's going on the grill soon with some asparagus basted with garlic EVOO. Some baby reds and Caprese salad will round out the meal. I think DH plans on making a rhubarb crisp to be served with vanilla ice cream.

I defrosted the freezer today. We snacked for supper since no one was really hungry. I made some dip for the chips and DH topped it off with a bowl of cereal.

Alix, pork and rice recipe? Lay it on me. I've got some pork loin trimmings in the freezer. I was looking for a pork and rice dish.

Back
Top Bottom