Another Manic Monday Menu - June 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
Okay, I'll start. I have a fillet of cod, fresh dill, lime, I'll probably poach it in white wine. For sides I have some leftover coleslaw. I'll steam some frozen beans (from the garden last year), maybe add some brown rice. No dessert unless I get motivated and make more ice cream :LOL:. What are you making today?

Buonasera,

Fresh Monkfish stuffed in stunner red ripe tomatoes ... and Arugula which is called Rocket in English, salad with Raddichio and vinaigrette of rasberries ... Prosecco ... Simple and light.

*** recipe posted in vegetable section

Enjoy your evening.
Margi.

Last edited:
I'm thinking meatloaf tonight. Either that or shred the brisket leftovers and make some gravy and serve it over mashed taters.

Tonight is pasta with broccoli and Italian sausage.

It should be Orecchiette with Rapini and Italian Sausage but this is a budget operation! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Buonasera,

Fresh Monkfish stuffed in stunner red ripe tomatoes ... and Arugula which is called Rocket in English, salad with Raddichio and vinaigrette of rasberries ... Prosecco ... Simple and light.
Margi, sounds wonderful. Arugula is also called arugula in the US, at least as far as I know. I've only heard it called rocket in the UK.

Tonight we're having buffalo chicken salad with homemade blue cheese dressing.

For us it's bread soup, a roasted half chicken,with baby potatoes, sliced cucumbers,tomatoes,avocado,thin sliced sweet onions,no dessert for us this girl is done in today.
kades

I had a Dr. appointment late this afternoon (just got home) so SO offered to bring home dinner from the Fire Box - a BBQ joint with great brisket. I didn't argue.

Had a big Mexican lunch with mucho queso, so will be grazing on leftovers tonight.

I'm making loose meat, as in loose meat sandwiches, but serving in hard taco shells with lots of cheddar cheese and Vidalia onions.

Okay, I'll start. I have a fillet of cod, fresh dill, lime, I'll probably poach it in white wine. For sides I have some leftover coleslaw. I'll steam some frozen beans (from the garden last year), maybe add some brown rice. No dessert unless I get motivated and make more ice cream :LOL:. What are you making today?
I got distracted looking for my Allen key set (a/k/a IKEA tool). I so wanted to put together a couple of those IKEA bookcases a friend "gifted" me so I could unpack some of the cookbooks. I ended up poaching the cod and had some steamed green beans for a side. Ate the coleslaw around 4:00 and didn't get around to making rice or ice cream. Busy day. And, I've saved the "broth" to use as a base for fish stock/lobster bisque.

Attachments

• CWS_poached_cod_2.jpg
    CWS_poached_cod_2.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 136
You can't get much healthier than that pretty plate, CWS.

We're going to our favorite "hole in the wall" place for Mexican food tonight. The kitchen is closed till we return from our trip the last part of the month.

I made some spicy Chinese cucumber salad to go along. My tummy is a happy camper. Good contrast.

I did lemon herby chicken breasts and thighs on the grill. Had a big green tossed salad, leftover killer coleslaw, a fruit plate and noodles with stinky cheese by special request.

We ate on the patio and caught the last rays of sun before the storm clouds started rolling in.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom