Sticky Ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gravy Queen

Head Chef
I made these over the weekend, I must say one of the nicest ribs recipes I have tried and so simple to do. The ribs were lovely and tender and the sauce was good and sticky. I served them with mexican corn and my own potato salad.

Scrumptious.

Attachments

• Sticky Ribs.jpg
    Sticky Ribs.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 327
Very nice, GQ! Have you posted the recipes yet?

That is a cool wood slab under the dishes!

Thank you ! I will post the recipe shortly, its from BBC Good Food magazine, nice and simple and the ribs are cooked in coke.

The board is made from olive wood, I have a few in olive wood its lovely.

Certainly and here it is:

Sticky BBQ Ribs : This recipe is taken from BBC Good Food magazine, July issue.

2 racks baby back ribs
2 cans cola

For the Sauce:
8 tablespoons tomato ketchup
8 tablespoons soft brown sugar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons sweet chillie sauce
1 teaspoon paprika

Method
Heat oven to Gas Mark 3/160c
Snugly fit the ribs into a roasting tray and cover with the cola making sure the ribs are covered (add water if needed). Cover tightly with foil and cook for 2-3 hours until the ribs are tender.

Remove from oven and discard the cooking liquid.

Put all of the sauce ingredients into a pan and heat, stirring, then let it bubble for 2 minutes.

Coat the ribs in the sauce and return to the oven and reheat on Gas Mark 7 /220c for about 20 minutes and basting often with the sauce. Alternatively cook on the barbecue (wait for the rain to subside if in England.....):cool:

Enjoy.:yum:

Lovely! Thanks GQ! C&P.

Now, about that Mexican corn and potato salad, more recipes please?

Certainly and here it is:

Sticky BBQ Ribs : This recipe is taken from BBC Good Food magazine, July issue.

2 racks baby back ribs
2 cans cola

For the Sauce:
8 tablespoons tomato ketchup
8 tablespoons soft brown sugar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons sweet chillie sauce
1 teaspoon paprika

Method
Heat oven to Gas Mark 3/160c
Snugly fit the ribs into a roasting tray and cover with the cola making sure the ribs are covered (add water if needed). Cover tightly with foil and cook for 2-3 hours until the ribs are tender.

Remove from oven and discard the cooking liquid.

Put all of the sauce ingredients into a pan and heat, stirring, then let it bubble for 2 minutes.

Coat the ribs in the sauce and return to the oven and reheat on Gas Mark 7 /220c for about 20 minutes and basting often with the sauce. Alternatively cook on the barbecue (wait for the rain to subside if in England.....):cool:

Enjoy.:yum:

What would be the temp. in an electric oven?

Thanks for that Princess Fi I have no knowledge of electric ovens!

Re the Corn, it was just boiled and then coated with a butter mixed with chillie (scotch bonnet), lime, and fresh coriander, salt and pepper. My potato salad is just boiled potatoes, mayonaisse, chopped egg, sliced spring onions, sweetcorn, salt and pepper and a bit of cayenne pepper all mixed together. My kids love it.

Back
Top Bottom