Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   Why & When Had You Joined D.C.? (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/why-and-when-had-you-joined-d-c-79930.html)

Margi Cintrano 06-09-2012 05:07 AM

Why & When Had You Joined D.C.?

:chef: Buon Giorno Everyone,

Firstly, I had joined D.C. in January 2012 ... In keeping with the theme, I have been reading uncountable Gastronomy Forums and comparing, examining and analyzing the positives and negatives, and thus, thought that this would be an interesting place to learn a little and share my profound love of the Mediterranean ...

Looking forward to reading all your anecdotes ...

:yum: Have a nice weekend,
Ciao.
Margaux Cintrano. :smile:

PrincessFiona60 06-09-2012 05:31 AM

I don't even remember what subject brought me here, some cooking question I know. Google directed me here in 2009...it looked like a good place to settle after looking around a bit. DC is my extended family, I have made a lot of close connections.

Barbara L 06-09-2012 06:02 AM

I was (and still am) a member of another cooking forum. Another member posted an invitation to Discuss Cooking at the other site, and as soon as I checked it out, I loved it. I actually paid for a lifetime membership at the other cooking forum, but I spend much more time here. I have been at DC since April 2004. :cool:

Margi Cintrano 06-09-2012 06:18 AM

Princess Fiona: Linking

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 (Post 1147159)
I don't even remember what subject brought me here, some cooking question I know. Google directed me here in 2009...it looked like a good place to settle after looking around a bit. DC is my extended family, I have made a lot of close connections.

Princess Fiona,

Thank your for your post as you have made a very good point.

Yes, linking with other members is part of the reason most people stay at a Forum ... Special connections and some bonds develop with other members, and thus, it is also a place we spend alot of hours too ...

Have nice wkend.
Margi.

Margi Cintrano 06-09-2012 07:29 AM

Barbara L. : How has D.C. Changed Since 2004 ?

:chef: Buon Giorno Barbara,

As always, it is a pleasure to have your feedback ... Please do tell us, and the New Members; How has D.C. changed since 2004 ?

What were some of themes that were posted at that time ? How do they differ ?

From your viewpoint, which oldies but goodies do you miss ?

Eight years is a long time, and thus, how have the Members changed and are there Members who are still actively posting ?

Thanks so much for all your valuable input.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Ciao,
Margi. :yum:

Aunt Bea 06-09-2012 08:18 AM

I found DC when I was using the Early Retirement forum.

See the link at the bottom of the page.

So far my waistline is growing more than my portfolio! :ermm::ohmy::lol:

Hoot 06-09-2012 08:42 AM

I had to look it up. Seems I joined Aug 28, 2007. Time sure does fly!
This old brain of mine can't recollect how I stumbled across D.C. but I am sure glad I did!
Great folks....great source of information... IMHO the best board on the Internet!

jabbur 06-09-2012 09:18 AM

I joined in 2006. My niece is allergic to just about everything and I was looking for some information on making oatmeal flour and using it in place of regular wheat flour in recipes. I found I enjoyed the community and the folks here have helped me expand my cooking skills and gave me the encouragement to try new things. I've not been as active this past year as previously because of my new job but hope to do more over the summer.

taxlady 06-09-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoot (Post 1147205)
I had to look it up. Seems I joined Aug 28, 2007. Time sure does fly!
This old brain of mine can't recollect how I stumbled across D.C. but I am sure glad I did!
Great folks....great source of information... IMHO the best board on the Internet!

Same here, but I joined 2010 September 13. I agree with all of the rest that Hoot wrote.

Katie H 06-09-2012 10:53 AM

I was a member on another board, which turned into more of a cesspool than a cooking forum. Very poor moderation. A place where I felt like wiping my feet after I left.

Another member on that forum stumbled across DC and suggested that I take a look here. That was September 2006 and I've been here ever since.

Yes, I agree with all previous comments regarding information and camaraderie. To me, DC is not just a cooking forum, it is close family and its membership has comforted and carried me through one of the worst times of my life.