Why & When Had You Joined D.C.?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Margi Cintrano

Washing Up
:chef: Buon Giorno Everyone,

Firstly, I had joined D.C. in January 2012 ... In keeping with the theme, I have been reading uncountable Gastronomy Forums and comparing, examining and analyzing the positives and negatives, and thus, thought that this would be an interesting place to learn a little and share my profound love of the Mediterranean ...

Looking forward to reading all your anecdotes ...

:yum: Have a nice weekend,
Ciao.
Margaux Cintrano. :)

I don't even remember what subject brought me here, some cooking question I know. Google directed me here in 2009...it looked like a good place to settle after looking around a bit. DC is my extended family, I have made a lot of close connections.

I was (and still am) a member of another cooking forum. Another member posted an invitation to Discuss Cooking at the other site, and as soon as I checked it out, I loved it. I actually paid for a lifetime membership at the other cooking forum, but I spend much more time here. I have been at DC since April 2004. :cool:

Princess Fiona: Linking

I don't even remember what subject brought me here, some cooking question I know. Google directed me here in 2009...it looked like a good place to settle after looking around a bit. DC is my extended family, I have made a lot of close connections.

Princess Fiona,

Thank your for your post as you have made a very good point.

Yes, linking with other members is part of the reason most people stay at a Forum ... Special connections and some bonds develop with other members, and thus, it is also a place we spend alot of hours too ...

Have nice wkend.
Margi.

Barbara L. : How has D.C. Changed Since 2004 ?

:chef: Buon Giorno Barbara,

As always, it is a pleasure to have your feedback ... Please do tell us, and the New Members; How has D.C. changed since 2004 ?

What were some of themes that were posted at that time ? How do they differ ?

From your viewpoint, which oldies but goodies do you miss ?

Eight years is a long time, and thus, how have the Members changed and are there Members who are still actively posting ?

Thanks so much for all your valuable input.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Ciao,
Margi. :yum:

I had to look it up. Seems I joined Aug 28, 2007. Time sure does fly!
This old brain of mine can't recollect how I stumbled across D.C. but I am sure glad I did!
Great folks....great source of information... IMHO the best board on the Internet!

I joined in 2006. My niece is allergic to just about everything and I was looking for some information on making oatmeal flour and using it in place of regular wheat flour in recipes. I found I enjoyed the community and the folks here have helped me expand my cooking skills and gave me the encouragement to try new things. I've not been as active this past year as previously because of my new job but hope to do more over the summer.

I had to look it up. Seems I joined Aug 28, 2007. Time sure does fly!
This old brain of mine can't recollect how I stumbled across D.C. but I am sure glad I did!
Great folks....great source of information... IMHO the best board on the Internet!
Same here, but I joined 2010 September 13. I agree with all of the rest that Hoot wrote.

I was a member on another board, which turned into more of a cesspool than a cooking forum. Very poor moderation. A place where I felt like wiping my feet after I left.

Another member on that forum stumbled across DC and suggested that I take a look here. That was September 2006 and I've been here ever since.

Yes, I agree with all previous comments regarding information and camaraderie. To me, DC is not just a cooking forum, it is close family and its membership has comforted and carried me through one of the worst times of my life.

I joined on February 22, 2007. I remember I had a question regarding a catering event I was planning and Google brought me to the middle of a thread here. I joined to add some feedback to the post it gave me and then was embarrassed to figure out out the post was a couple of years old. I posted again to apologize and left DC thinking I wouldn't be back. That October I got a birthday email from them and thought I would check the site out for real. I became an active member, and while I have come and gone a few times for various reasons, I know I can always count on my DC family.

This site has done many things for me - it has gotten me through several serious health issues, my Dad's illness and recent passing, and that embarrassment I mentioned earlier. I am becoming a better person for knowing this awesome group of people. I have been part of several other sites (not cooking) and left because I had healed past the need for the site. That just doesn't happen here. Because the bond is food, it is not so much a NEED to be here but a WANT.

Sort of you come for the meal and stay for the entertainment and fellowship!:)

I joined in Sept of 2004 have been here ever since. The members here have supported me through many of life's hurts and joy's. I can't imagine being at any other site. I came here from another site that has been closed and it was a bad one. Here it is peaceful and mostly kind. Helpful and soothing. Family that is all I can say and loving. What more could anyone say? I feel lucky to have found DC. It hasn't changed all that much I find the rules have loosened up and it's easier to navagate the boards or forums. People are the same of course, good and kind. i find our moderators and administrators to be the same, helpful, kind and strict when need be. We do try guys:LOL: So things here are much the same as the day I joined.What I do miss is some of the mods and administrators that I grew to love and have left us. I do wish I could talk with some of them once more.
kades

I found this place as I was searching for a recipe. Stopped in, forgot about the recipe I was looking for and found so much great information that I decided to stay.

Lots of great info, tons of wonderful sharing and a huge quantity of humor resides here .. who would want to leave !!

I'm glad I found this place .. it's always active unlike some other places and you just never know what you might discover with all the knowledge that is shared here.

2 thumbs up for DC !! :clap: :chef:

I am kind of a newbie here. I was looking for a new frosting to use besides the Hershey one. Googld sent me here. I took a look through the forums and decided to stay. I used to belong to a group of seven of us that was formed from the old Food Network forum. We formed friendships that brought visits to each other's homes along with phone calls. Lots of trips to other states. Then along came Facebook, and we just seemed to fall apart as a group. We still keep in touch somewhat.

But here, I feel at home. I know I can get wordy at time. Like now. I feel like everyone here is my next door neighbor. Care to come in and have a cup of coffee? I just made a fresh pot. :yum:

DC is a blast! The folks here are phenominal, and I've learned so much. I really enjoy the communal sense of humor!

I've been here for a little more than a year. The iPad DC app makes it really easy to connect and browse.

I am kind of a newbie here. I was looking for a new frosting to use besides the Hershey one.
Addie, you mean there was a time you weren't part of DC? And I mean that in the most loving of ways. You just kind of slipped in the back door and joined the party like you had always been here. :heart:

And come on, you would NEVER replace that cherished Hershey recipe :rolleyes:.

DC is a blast! The folks here are phenominal, and I've learned so much. I really enjoy the communal sense of humor!

I've been here for a little more than a year. The iPad DC app makes it really easy to connect and browse.
I'm still trying to get used to the Android App....and I think it is still trying to get used to me too! So far it has been a bit of a love/hate relationship, but I know we will work out our differences!

I'm still trying to get used to the Android App....and I think it is still trying to get used to me too! So far it has been a bit of a love/hate relationship, but I know we will work out our differences!
I forgot to mention the adoption rate here is the best. Right Laurie?
ma

Back
Top Bottom