White Chocolate in Brownies???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JUMA_95

Assistant Cook
I want to try something new by replacing the chocolate normally used in brownies for white chocolate, but I don't know if this will keep texture and consitency of a normal brownie.
Can somebody tell me if it is a good idea?

It should be fine, but I would definitely reduce the sugar amount significantly.

Absolutely. Add or take away sugar depending on sweet or unsweet white chocolate. I add some walnuts or any nut to keep the chocolate from running. Or make semi sweet brownies and drizzle white chocolate sauce on top

Thank you, if what I want to turns out to be sucesfull I will post the recipe.

merstar said:
Hey GB, all white chocolate is sweetened.

Yes and no. You can buy unsweet chips, chunks, and bricks of white chocolate. I think unsweet give more white chocolate flavor in an already sweet dish like brownies.

Yes and no. You can buy unsweet chips, chunks, and bricks of white chocolate. I think unsweet give more white chocolate flavor in an already sweet dish like brownies.

Are you sure? I've never heard of unsweetened white chocolate. White chocolate is typically made of cocoa butter, sugar, milk, and vanilla. Where do you find unsweetened white chocolate, and which brand makes it? Do you have any on hand where you can check the ingredients?

Last edited:
merstar said:
Are you sure? I've never heard of unsweetened white chocolate. White chocolate is typically made of cocoa butter, sugar, milk, and vanilla. Where do you find unsweetened white chocolate, and which brand makes it? Do you have any on hand where you can check the ingredients?

Yeah its just the fat from the milk, vanilla and cocoa. The vanilla might have some sugar to it. I have a bunch of bakers chocolate at work, I will look tomorrow. Possibly Ben E Keith, Sysco, worldwidechocolate. Whole Foods?

Back
Top Bottom